Author Topic: E.A.S.Y. on the go?  (Read 3364 times)

Offline newmommy21

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
E.A.S.Y. on the go?
« on: April 09, 2006, 15:56:05 pm »
HI, I just discoverd BW about a week ago and I'm really eager to get started. For now I'm still reading the book, observing my baby and trying to fully understand everything. I was just wondering how E.A.S.Y. works when you're out of the house, running errands, grocery shopping, bank..doctors..etc. Like, how do you "set the stage", and say you're at the mall, do you sit down somewhere to do the ssh/pat? what if my baby falls asleep in the car? I'm just confused about how it would work with these situations. I really havnt been out much since my baby's been born, but now the occasional errands are inevitable. I would really like to know how and if you can implement E.A.S.Y. on the go. Thank you in advance for your advice, this website is really great. :) :)
Nadiya

Offline Edisonsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 17:29:22 pm »
I was about to post the same question!  Yes, I'd really like to know too- is it possible to go out and still stick to EASY?  Would sleep be distrupted because baby isn't sleeping in his own crib? Thanks!!

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: E.A.S.Y. on the go?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 18:12:37 pm »
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=56396.0
Check out his thread

HTH's

must run bath to do...
Lauren x

Offline Intransit

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 23:44:13 pm »
I remember asking the same thing ages ago....(ages+7 months  ::))
That thread is really helpful though....I also think that in the beginning stages of EASY ie. 1-2 weeks, it helped a lot to make sure we were home at the times we needed to be for naps. Once it became our "routine" it was easier to handle having him out during a nap once a day etc...It even got to the point where he would fall asleep in his car seat at a friends place with a pacifier.
I found having a good solid start really helped with outings etc.
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline happy2bhere

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 19:07:38 pm »
My second child is due in 8-9 weeks and i had the same question about EASY.  Used it 1st time round and a total convert, however have vivid memories of being house bound, which left me v depressed.  My concerns are generally around feeding and sleeping..understand that it is important to maintain a good routine, but wish to aat least try and avoid another bout of post natal depression. 

Claire

Offline Mamastalawatt

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Me and my beautiful boy!
Re: E.A.S.Y. on the go?
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 21:28:06 pm »
Hi,

Just thought I'd share my 3 week experience (!)of being out and about and using EASY.

My DS is 13 weeks today, and we are out about 4 - 5 days out of 7 each week, even if it's just a short shopping trip.  WHat I usually do, whenever possible, is to plan for him to be somewhere appropriate for each stage of EASY.  EG If it's feed time, I plan to be somewhere where I can breastfeed comfortably, other wise I'll take a bottle of EBM (occasionally formula).  That might be at mums & tots, a friend's house, etc.  Same with sleep time, though I have found that now DS is settled into the routine, he tends to just grouch for a couple of minutes and fall asleep at the right time anyway.  If we're out during activity time, whatever we're doing usually counts as the activity.

I recently had to travel a long distance for a family funeral, and anticipated that the routine would go right out of the window.  I was really surprised when DS just went ahead and did his routine anyway, right down to feeding in the church (EBM) and playing/ napping at the wake afterwards.  He also slept very well in the car that day!

If we have a couple of busy days, I usually stay home for a day (sometimes two if being busy has overstimulated him too much) to give us both chance to chill out.  I personally am usually ready for a quiet day by then, but I know from past experience that it isn't as easy when suffering from depression, especially if it makes you feel house-bound.

All I can say is I've noticed every week that it gets easier to manage being out and about, and as our babies get older, they cope with being out and about better anyway.

Good luck with it...hope you manage to avoid the PPD  :)

Mama