Author Topic: How to start night weaning a one year old?  (Read 4771 times)

Offline stephlauren

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: How to start night weaning a one year old?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 22:27:20 pm »
DarbysMom,

Well, dropping the 10:30 feeding did not go as planned.  She woke up and DH couldn't get her to sleep for more than five minutes at a time (sound familiar  ;)).  She ended up nursing like crazy and then slept until 5:45.  Not too bad, I would much rather have her wake up at 10:30 than 2am.  I am also trying the technique that I read about on another post, working to take her off of the nipple before she is totally settled--hopefully this will help. 

I just found out today that we will be going out of town for a family emergency tomorrow and staying at my in-laws.  I know this will through a knot in things, but we are just getting started so we won't be set back much.  What I am not looking forward to is the unspoken disapproval of me still nursing Lauren at all.  My mother-in-law and sister-in-law (no children) are amazed I have nursed past six months.  I appreciate reading the posts here and seeing I'm not alone.

Good luck!

Offline gueradeb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: How to start night weaning a one year old?
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 01:06:26 am »
Dear All:

Glad my post helped some others as well.  Just wanted to say thanks for the answers and support to my questions.  Last night I tried something from Elizabeth Pantley's book - Marica woke up and I said "Meme sleep" (her word for breastfeeding) and she actually went back to sleep.  Now the two times she feeds are 2 and almost 6 am.  She fed for 2 minutes at 5:45 then slept until 7.  So maybe I just have to be zen and follow her time a bit.

Good luck to everyone!

-Debbie