Author Topic: Why are we going backwards?  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
Why are we going backwards?
« on: April 10, 2006, 04:39:57 am »
We had been on a 4hr eating schedule and DD was doing great (aside from still waking every 4 hours during the night too).  She'd eat 6-7oz consistently. But, recently she's slipped back into wanting to eat every 3hours and just eating abou 4oz.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline sazza

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: Why are we going backwards?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 07:24:13 am »
could it be teething? my lo did a similar thing between 3+4 months, and although i didn't realise it at the time, he was teething and i've heard teething can put them off their feeds during the day.
- Sarah
Aotearoa NZ

Offline Mom2katiebug

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 14:08:39 pm »
I realized later that there are probably a dozen reasons why: ear ache, tummy ache/constipation, teething, mild cold, distracted with the world, the new arm flap that she's doing...
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 15:32:57 pm »
How long has this been happening?  I wouldn't worry about it being a set thing if it's just been a few days.  She'll probably change back on her own.  Or, she's having her 6 mo growth spurt early.  Are the night wakings a new thing or something she's done for a while?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 17:20:42 pm »
Casey how often is she eating at daycare?
Lauren x

Offline Mom2katiebug

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 22:46:40 pm »
Well...I think it could be teething since the one daycare lady that we like and actually seems to have a brain (and 2 kids) said that Katie is drooling like it's teething.  And, She's chomping EVERYTHING!!!

But, I think the daycare is part of the culprit as well, although this didn't start until Saturday afternoon.  In all of our "discussions", I've tried to assert Katie's schedule - especially the 4hr eating pattern.  It seems to go in one ear and out the other.  And, there's terrible turnover so we don't seem to have the same teacher for more than a day or tow.  And, their belief is that babies eat every 3 hours or so.  I've talked until I'm blue in the face and even if I could get one person to actually hear me, they're gone in a day or two anyway.  I'm so unhappy with the facility and can't wait to leave.

It's just that we've been on such a good pattern lately.  Katie's been absolutely delightful lately and all of us are sleeping well.  Then Saturday it went wonky all of a sudden.  We want our routine back!

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 15:09:19 pm »
You're dd is so beautiful!
I think that the confusion with her daycare routine vs home routine might be throwing her off.  If the daycare can't or won't adhere to your routine, then it will be best to find a place that can/will.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007