Author Topic: Help getting EASY on track  (Read 944 times)

Offline xdianex

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 11, 2006, 15:40:08 pm »
I've started putting my 6 week old daughter on EASY but struggling with it.
Yesterday she napped a little past three hours after her last feed so I thought it was fine and didn't wake her, that happened twice. She had been sleeping 5-6 hours through the night prior to last night and she woke up after four hours and then two hours later. It was horrible. Did I go too long between feedings during the day? If she's hungry after two hours during the day do I wait it out while she's screaming or feed her?
Also, I don't get the dream feed. Usually I feed around 7:30, give her a bath and then feed on the other side at 8ish and put her to bed. I go to sleep then too, so should set an alarm and feed her?

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 18:16:39 pm »
Congratulations on start EASY with your LO! It will be well worth it--I can attest to that!  :D
In regards to the sleeping past three hours...it is best to keep the feedings every 2.5-3 hours. This helps establish a routine. Just the same as AM wake up and bed time. However, if you find your LO is hungry, by all means feed her. Sometimes you can "buy" a little bit of time with a paci, if you want to go that route--just to try to push the feeding back a bit.
The dream feed is something which is really helpful in topping up your LO. It is typically done around 10:00-11:00pm (around the same time every night) If you too go to bed when your DD does, then I would say it would be beneficial for you to get up at 10:30 or so, rather than 2, 3, 4 etc  ::) I found with the DF,that it did not work immediately, but after about 7 or so days, I saw a difference in the nightwakings. Every LO is different of course, maybe yours will catch on right away!
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Help getting EASY on track
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 18:21:12 pm »
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=54662.0
Here is more detailed info on the dreamfeed from Tracys book.

I agree with Sjeb, you nee to wake her for her feed, you don't want to find yourself in the situation where she swaps days and nights because he gets lots of sleep during the day.

HTH's
Lauren x