Author Topic: After teething do they wake at the same time or lengthen again?  (Read 916 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
After daylight savings time, things seemed to have come together for us.  Carmela was put to bed at 8:00 instead of 7 and woke up at 7:30 on most days for an entire week.  In the beginning (maybe 3 days) it took her one hour to fall asleep, but then she was going to sleep within 45 mins, which is her norm.

Then at exactly one week later, she started waking at 6:30 a.m. instead of 7-7:30....I'm not complaining too much because I know its better than the 5:30-6 she was doing before daylight savings time, but I just can't figure out the change except she is getting two molars at the same time.  It is obvious that her teeth are hurting her during the day as well, thus could be causing the hour difference in wake up.

My question is....after teething do your toddlers usually go back to their normal wake time or am I stuck at 6:30 again forever :( 

Thanks,
Jackie

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: After teething do they wake at the same time or lengthen again?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 17:14:15 pm »
I found that teething meant early wakings for us, and maybe no other symptoms... for a while... because after the early mornings we'd have some night wakings on the worst days of teething.

Other teething periods have been followed by ear infections and other sicknesses and i found that each period meant the turn of a corner for us so we'd end up with different timings for things (that is, extended awake time periods or different bedtime etc) it's jsut about tweaking with the naps and bedtime and see what gets the most sleep out of them.  ::) yep, the only sure thing about them at this age is change...

Some other moms i know have been able to return to their used schedules tough so i guess it depends on the child.
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake