Author Topic: Rolling  (Read 1729 times)

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Rolling
« on: April 12, 2006, 10:04:47 am »
Is it possible some babies dont roll??? MY lo is almost 6 months old and can twist his upper half but shows no interest in actually rolling over! He moves and wriggle slike crazy when on hsi tummy and looks like he may crawl, any tips for supporting this???

Offline luckyb52

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • Think Babies
Re: Rolling
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 12:03:35 pm »
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), a baby rolls only a round the sixth month, so I would wait another month and see.
Check out the AAP page at  http://www.aap.org/pubed/ZZZGRZVEH4C.htm?&sub_cat=105

Enjoy your LO!

LuckyB52

Offline maggieruth

• Showing Appreciation 251
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 06:34:27 am »
i haven't ever met anyone that told me that their baby didn't roll.... but it never occured to ask extensively either!  there are some rolling threads on the growth and development board that talk about encouraging rolling.  its not like anyone just skips rolling forever tho (we all have to move in bed and its the most efficient way!)
rolling will actually help crawling too because all the limbs have to do something different to achieve it, like rolling.
i know that Deb suggests that placing your hands behind your lo's feet will give them something to push against to move.... my ds wasn't strong enough to manage it until he did loads more tummy time but it might just give your son the idea he needs to start moving....
let us know how you are doing! x

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 12:37:18 pm »
thank u

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 18:31:45 pm »
A friend of my mum's told me yesterday her daughter NEVER rolled, front to back or back to front, and she's a happy teenager now. My brother in law didn't walk until he was 18 months, my husband at 1 year. They are all different I guess!

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 20:00:27 pm »
hi yaya

Calum has only rolled a 5 times since he was 5.5months, he doesn't seem that interested.

Calum started gradually by first (only back to front);
lying on his back, then twisting his upper body and head to look behind him
then ages after he started to included his legs and try and get on his side - this lasted for ages.
The suddenly, he put it all together - the first couple of time he did it so fast I missed it, then I watched him again, so I practise it with him.

By the sounds of your post it won't be long, but I wouldn't worry about it. The 1st time Ds did it I missed it, becasue I had given up on him doing it and was out the room.
Lauren x

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 06:29:42 am »
That sounds just likt Thomas! Will hang in there, you're right, he'll do it when hes ready!