Author Topic: GONE FROM ONE NIGHT WAKING TO TWO  (Read 2536 times)

Offline VLR2006

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 12:03:49 pm »
Hi,

I always just try first to see if he settles without a feed and i only have to go in once and he's out like a light straight away.  Even Tracy recommends in her book that you should be trying to drop the nightfeed and if they start waking to try and settle them with other means before feeding them.  As he always goes back to sleep again i think he's waking out of habit rather then hunger.  If he started stirring again so soon after i would def feed him as i know he can go for a few more hours after.  He is having around 35oz during the day to eat so he's getting enough calories then to last the night I feel. 

I will wait until our next ped appointment before i go ahead and give cereal but i feel that he will be ready to start at 4 months, but will probably do t he whole weaning process slower i.e. not introduce other foods straight away, wait a good few weeks to see how he's doing.

I put a tiny bit of cereal in his bottle this morning and for the first time since i can remember he didnt throw up any of his milk.  i just put about a teaspoon in 7 oz formula and it made it a bit thicker.  Again, will see that its alright to continue with this as its the morning feed that is always the worst for his throwing up, usually most of his feed comes up.

Im hoping by sorting out his daytime eating it might help him sleep better again.  he went for over 8 hours before waking at all which is still really good i think, just need it extended :-)

Louise  xx

Louise xx