Author Topic: spitting out food!  (Read 1508 times)

Offline abi

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 13, 2006, 10:42:45 am »
my little girl is now 19 months old.3 months ago she stopped eating & just drinks loads of milk.im not too worried as i have a 7 year old who has been the same since she was 18 months old.both my daughters are happy & lively so im not concerned about their health.my problem is my 19 month old will go to eat something but then spits it out.everything!she doesnt swallow anything!im finding it frustrating & disgusting. why is she doing it & what can i do about it?

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: spitting out food!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 15:22:37 pm »
Have you asked your doctor about it?  Did she recently stop eating?  Will she eat anything? 

Offline abi

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 21:43:46 pm »
hi lana no i havent seen the doctor yet as abi is my third and i have already seen the "no eating phase" in both my other daughters.also abi is lively & happy and shows no sign of illness etc.its the spitting out of food that im stuck with.i wouldnt want to eat out with her!i was hoping someone might have already tackled a simular problem.

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 21:58:35 pm »
we have gone through this phase and often return to it but i can't offer any advice as Ryan does it when he has a reflux flare up . his throat is sore so he won't eat properly. i know where you are coming from with taking them to eat out though .Ryan will chew it up for ages then literally spit it out , he went through the phase of collecting it like a hamster too ! sometimes though he spits out when he has put too much in . i hope you get some advice .
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 15:54:06 pm »
Well I guess it would be like any other non eating phase, just keep offering and eventually she will eat.  Oh and don't take her out ;D

Offline alyssa1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 23:44:25 pm »
MY son goes through this at least every couple of days (15months).  He will literally chew it up (cheerios, cheese, cookie)  and then decide he doesn't want it and spit it out at the table, on his bib, on the floor.  At first it really bothered me but I think maybe it's just the phase of - "Do I want to eat it....hmmmmm.....let me try it...hmmmmm...nope" and out it comes - Because my son will go through lots of phases of eat and not eat, which doesn't worry me because I know he's healthy.  I think he just hasn't made up his mind if he wants to eat it so he figures he will try it and then doesn't want it.  I've seen it with my friends son as well.  I wouldn't worry, it will pass.  I have started to tell him that it makes a mess and gets things yucky when he does it and if he continues I just take it away because it's obvious he doesn't want it.
Hope this helps   :)