Author Topic: Rolling onto back and waking up  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Beam79

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: April 13, 2006, 14:11:58 pm »
Hello all,
My ds is 6 months old and is still part swaddled-we leave an arm out. He sleeps in his side between two bolsters as he had reflux and didn't like to settle on his back (also we use shush-pat alot as he sometimes has trouble settling). He was sleeping through the night quite well but in the last few days has started rolling onto his back in the night and waking up grumbling. He is not crying more like a bit of chatting and blowing raspberries  ::) but when he has been awake for about lahf an hour (I try to leave him to see if he will resetlles so I go in and reswaddle and turn onto his side) but he rolls back again and eventually gets quite frustrated....I am pretty tired as this has been going on several times a night and I am not sure what toi do for the best.
Has anyone else had this problem or any tips...all VERY gratefully rec'd. Thanks xxxx ;D

Offline Beam79

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 10:41:14 am »
Anyone out there please?? Last night was horrendous, am in need of some help please....I have been getting him to sleep with shush-pat on his side and then gently rolling him onto his back as I think its the rolling that wakes him rather than actually being on his back....but any ideas or suggestions most most gratefiully rec'd.
Thanks x

Offline VLR2006

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 14:57:24 pm »
I dont really have any advice from experience, but anyway, just wondered if he isnt wedged up enough ?  could you maybe try and roll an extra blanket/towell to help prop him up.

I am trying to get my son to sleep on his side as he's developing a bit of flat head so was advised to try and get him propped up and onto his side.  Well he hates it, he screams when on his side and i dont really have the patience at the moment to sit with him to settle him.  He's a back sleeper and i have him on a sleep positioner which helps flathead so i'm not really going to push it.  I used the positioner to prop him on his side and then put 2 thick blankets rolled up together on the other side of him and it kept him in place.

I heard that at 6 months babies tend to change positions in their sleep and some tend to start rolling on their tummies to sleep. 

I am not getting much sleep at the moment so i can understand why you would want any kind of advice.

Louise and Luke - 15 weeks
Louise xx

Offline Beam79

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 15:57:48 pm »
Thanks Louise, I have him wedged in with so many rolled up towels etc it is becoming a safety worry! For his npas today I double swaddled him in his miracle blanket and then a sheet over that!! Ridiculous but it seems to have worked and has kept him on his side (touch wood) perhaps you could try that for Luke?
Bridget