Author Topic: normal?  (Read 1163 times)

Offline A'smommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
normal?
« on: April 13, 2006, 23:06:49 pm »
My daughter is 3 months and she sleeps well thru the night but the last couple of nights I have woken up to her crying but when I go into her room figuring she is waking for a feed she is still sleeping.  She is making lots of noise and within a few minutes she will get up so I will feed her.  Should I do this?
She usually goes into bed at 9:00/9:30 (I will do a dreamfeed @ 10:00 or 10:30) and will sleep till 4:00/5:00 but does this crying thing.  Just wondering if this was normal?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: normal?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 18:33:38 pm »
My ds makes a lot of noise in his sleep too, just like his father.  ::)  It took me a while to tell the difference between the talking-in-his-sleep noises and the awake ones.

When you hear her, is she crying-crying, or do you mean she's making noise? I would wait a few minutes and give her a chance to resettle. If it escalates then you'll know that she's really awake and needs something.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline A'smommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 02:16:27 am »
She isn't crying-crying just making lots of noise.  At first she will screech and then make lots of noise, toss and turn and either will fall back asleep or eventually wake up.  I am guessing she is just a noisy sleeper.  The last couple of nights I haven't gone in and she has fallen back asleep.  I don't know if I should do that or not though.  I am breastfeeding and I do not want my supply to stop as I am working full time.  This week she has been eating at 7:00 pm then going to sleep around 8:00 pm. I will do a dreamfeed around 9:30/10:00 she will wake at 2:00 and 5:00 with this crying thing.  Will really wake at 6:30 to start the day.  Our routine is:
6:30 Wake
6:45 Feed
8:00 - 9:30 Sleep
10:00 Feed
10:45 Activity
11:30 - 12:40 Sleep
12:45 Feed
1:30 Activity
2:30 - 4:00 Sleep
4:00 Feed
4:34 Activity
5:15 -6:00 Nap (20 min nap today)
6:00 Activity (Bath)
7:00 Feed
8:00 Bedtime
10:00 Dreamfeed

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 15:58:35 pm »
I think you're absolutely doing the right thing by not going in. If it escalates or if she cries-cries then definitely go in. But if she's just making noise as you say, then leave her alone. Sounds like she's doing great with independent sleep already, good for you!

Looking at your routine though, I wonder if maybe it would be time to lengthen her A time a bit. It looks to me like she has an hour or less at a time, and I think around 3 mo. she should be able to do a bit more. She should go down to 3 naps a day soon too - she might be getting a bit too much day sleep right now in that transition period, which could be contributing to the night noise.  ;)
Jessica

Offline A'smommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 01:44:03 am »
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.  I will inform the babysitter to let her stay up a bit more.  How long should I make her activity time about an hr to an 1 1/2 hr?  Today she never took her afternoon nap she was up from 3:45 till Bedtime at 7:30pm she passed right out I think she was exhausted.  Well I will try extended her A time. Again thanks for the advice every little bit helps!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 16:28:02 pm »
I would keep her up in 15 min increments - that way you can better guage what she can handle and give her time to adjust to the change. Meaning, try and extra 15 min or so each cycle for a day or two or three and then 15 more if she does fine, etc.

You're welcome!!
Jessica