Author Topic: 8 months and standing up in the night  (Read 764 times)

Offline PaolaG

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 14, 2006, 09:13:51 am »
I was wondering if there was anything I could do about my 8 month old standing up during the night.  Last night I lost count of how many times we had to go in to her to put her back down.  Is this just a phase?  She has been pulling herself up on the cot for about two weeks now, and her sleeping had started to get better again, but last night it was ridiculous. 

Her bedtime routine works well - bath (6.30pm), wind-down, breastfeed (7pm).  She almost always goes to bed awake and is able to put herself to sleep - she is normally asleep by 7.30. When she started to stand she would spend about an hour pulling herself up, falling back down, and standing up again.  .

She still takes one feed during the night (ie between 7pm and 7am), and is normally up sometime between 7 and 8am.

Last night I did PD, but I think she has learnt to pretend to be asleep, and then ten minutes or so after I left the room she would be pulling herself up again.   Could she really be pretending to be asleep - another reason I think she was pretending is that her breathing wasn't the same as her asleep breathing.

maybe I have just have to wait this one out until she is bored of standing, but any tips would be great.

Paola

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: 8 months and standing up in the night
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 03:13:11 am »
bump!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005