Author Topic: Feeding Solid Food-HIGH CHAIR RECOS???  (Read 1435 times)

Offline geoffreyandme

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Geoffrey
Feeding Solid Food-HIGH CHAIR RECOS???
« on: April 14, 2006, 11:53:08 am »
 :P

I am researching high chairs now and am finding that there are two types that stand out...one is a standard high chair with or without bells and whistles and the other are the ones that pull up to table and are mostly really nice looking wooden stepped versions... i'd love to hear different experiences if anyone has anything to share before i buy something. we are contemplating the Primo Pappa from Mamas and Papas, the Stokke Tripp Trapp and the Antilop from IKEA. The three are very different from one another....
ANYONE?
Thanks in advance!!!
Jennifer and Co.
 :)

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
Re: Feeding Solid Food-HIGH CHAIR RECOS???
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 14:06:11 pm »
Hi Jennifer,

We have Fisher Price Healthy Start chairs and they're working out well for us.  One thing I can recommend is that you consider your baby's comfort (and safety of course) before anything else, because as I'm finding out, the babies spend A LOT of time in them, at least for the first couple of months when they're figuring out their food and whether or not they have appetites.  What I like about our chairs is that they recline to several different positions plus the tray moves forward and back to several different positions so there are lots of options.  I looked at IKEA chairs because I'm an IKEA obsessed person but they looked terribly uncomfortable to me.  I'd recommend only considering those with padding and other comfort-related features.  It's true, the ones we have won't pull up to the table but that's a long way off for us yet and I figure we can move to those inexpensive booster seats when it gets to that time.

Hope this helps!

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 17:44:38 pm »
We have a chicco happy snack here and its been great so far - easily cleanable, comfortable and it can be used with the tray or drawn up to the table.

Will loves it - he even sits in the garden in it with the parasol from his pushchair attached lol

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 19:17:51 pm »
I also have a chicco highchair - Polly phase 2  (a bit like Ennypens).

We are still too cold for the garden  :'(
Lauren x

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 19:41:27 pm »
Lol Lauren - I am not that far from you in the grand scheme of things.. just in the Midlands..
We have had 2 really sunny warm afternoons here this holiday - with the usual April showers days in between.
Hope your high chair gets to have an airing soon!

H xx

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 20:12:14 pm »
we have a chicco high chair . it has a smaller padding to go in for a younger child , a play tray with toys in , the tray also comes off like Helen's . the seat even reclines  ??? . it has wheels with brakes so easy to move . we take our outside too !
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 05:46:46 am »
heres mine too.
Lauren x

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 07:05:52 am »
well we happen to own 2 of your 3 choices  ;D

the primma pappa - which is by peg perego here and in the states is one of the most popular ones here and very expensive (much more than i saw them for iin the states last visit which really p!ssed me off). i bought it 2nd hand as i was not willing to shell out $300+ and got it for $100. i hated it. i do not know how it is so popular here apart form the fact that we have a smaller selection to choose from. the main problem with this high chair is thatthe table part is so far away from the child (even when they are bigger - like 2-3 yo) that food gets in the seat everywhere and there are nooks and crannies in the edge of the tray that i was forveer having to clean out with a toothpick  ::) if i missed anything it started to smell quite quickly.

unfortunately dd1 LOVED this chair and we kept her in it until march of this year. when we returned form a trip overseas i just directed her to sit at the dining table and we have since moved it into our laundry while i decide what to do with it.

since we needed 2 chairs i went and bought  the antilop since a friend had recommended it last time. it was inexpensive, simply designed, is a dream to clean asd there are no crevices. i don't see this as a long term high chair though so we will either move liv to the primma p. or a booster seat  in the next 3-6 mo.

HTH

BTW - i have never experienced the stokke first hand as they are VERY expensive here but if i had the cash i woudl rather that than the prima papa
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified