Author Topic: help for a 9mo attached to prop, still waking up twice a night and afraid of cri  (Read 869 times)

Offline liviafb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How should I begin... I think I was not well advised in the beginning (didn't know Tracy Hogg's books...) so I started everything wrong. First of all, the first three months scenario: We moved to a different country and to two different cities when she wasn't even 3 mo. We only settled down when she was four mo, where she got her own room and didn't have a big problem to adapt to it.
In the beginning, it was only the problem of not sleeping through the night. I used to rush to her at the first sign of crying and breastfeed her. She stopped breastfeeding about two weeks ago but still takes a bottle at around 1am and another one around 5am. The thing is, now she won't go back to her crib. She cries and screams as soon as I start descending her to her mattress after falling asleep again (after bottle). She sleeps in my arms usually after taking a bottle of milk around 8pm and when I try to put her in her crib, she cries and screams.
I know I need to start from scratch, but how? Force her into the crib? Let her cryit out  (I've tried twice and I felt somebody was tearing my heart in two).
I really need some help! Thanks

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
ok if you have in fact let lo cio..which if you have read any of tracy's books you definately know she DOES NOT advocate..you have to build up trust with a lo again.  have you read about that in tracy's second book? if not, let me know and i will find what pages it is on - it is a very long process but needs to be done to repair any damage that has been caused.  i understand how ppl tell you to do things and out of desperation you try them...only to think later about it and regret it...i am sure it has been hard with moving around and everything...{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} things will get better with some consistancy for lo (..and you ;) ) and love!  if you could also post your routine - that would help also..as i said let me know if you have the newest book and if you have read about repairing trust.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline liviafb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have the book I'm living in Brazil now and they only have the first book here. I'll have to order it from Amazon.
I tried to cio but it lasted just a few minutes... I couldn't do it.
Since Tracy's book was recommended by a friend who has a Master's degree in education, I thought it was something reliable.
Regarding the staying in the crib issue, she never had this problem before. I'm waiting for the weekend, when I can get the support of my husbando to try the pu/pd technique as well... Let's see how it goes.
It seems that I have done everything wrong up til now, so I'm aware it will take time to get things on track...
Thanks again for any advice.

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
don't be too hard on yourself - it's hard being a parent and knowing what to do 'right' when you get such different advice from everyone. it will get better - just stay consistant - with whatever you do that's def the most important thing imho! i would really suggest ordering the book as it has a lot of info that i think you would find useful! good luck!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005