Author Topic: waking at 5am, hunger crying?  (Read 783 times)

Offline phs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
waking at 5am, hunger crying?
« on: April 18, 2006, 14:16:53 pm »
Hi, i need some help. My little one is 11.5 months old and has four teeth, anoher 2 on their way! She doesnt eat veyr well in the day and never has, eats a veyr tiny amount, but weight is 19.6 and is very happy active etc. For the last few weeks she keeps waking up at 5am and is hungry, i give her some milk and then seh sleeps again till 7am. Normally she wakes up at 6.30am.
Her normal day:
6.30 wake and mikl (5-6oz)
8.00 breakfast porridge etc
9.30 nap (45 mins to 1hr)
12.00 lunch
1.30-2.00 milk (5oz)
2.00 nap (45mins - 1hr)
5.00 dinner
7.00 milk (7oz)
7.15-7.30 bath and bedtime

Please help as she keeps waking up early for milk, i have tried to recently give her a dream feed but she only drinks 2oz, i cant get to eat more in the day or drink more milk? Also since teething she doesnt settel to sleep well in the day. Also if you have iadeas on helping with ehr eating please go ahead.

Thank you,

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: waking at 5am, hunger crying?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 16:52:57 pm »
does she just wake that one time in the night? are there any other night wakings/feedings? i do thing a df this late in the game would only contribute to the wakings as tracy suggests the approx time to stop the df is about 7 months.

i do think that you could stand to tweak A times a bit (extending by 15 min or so) and seeing if that will help. if she is only waking the once early in the am then it may be that she needs a bit more A time. that would extend the day a bit and then hopefully she will sleep longer as she will be a bit more tired...keep with the same bedtime though. particulairy i would extend the A time before and after the first nap imo.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005