Author Topic: foods to avoid to try and stop hayfever etc?  (Read 1243 times)

Offline lisi's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 155
foods to avoid to try and stop hayfever etc?
« on: April 18, 2006, 14:30:30 pm »
We have a long history of eczema, asthma and hayfever in my family, not to mention dust, pets, mildew and on and on.

I know there are some things that can be done to try and help the LO not get the allergies (not being too hygienic is one of the easier ones!) but I can't find a list of which foods to avoid at the beginning. Anyone know anything?

Thanks in advance
Katie
Katie

Offline Duckgirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: foods to avoid to try and stop hayfever etc?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 15:03:33 pm »
I have the same problem in my family too, my eldest daughter is fine, no problems other than a bit of eczema every now and then but my 10 month old is a nightmare, she seems to have everything .... eczema, asthma, hayfever, dairy allergy ..... I have done the same thing with both my children and fed them the same to start with but still seemed to have problems with the baby!  I do know that these problems have got a lot better since she has been on a dairy free diet but it is not something that I did without countless visits to the doctor and a referral to the hospital. 

My youngest has only recently come down with hayfever and someone recommended giving a teaspoon of honey every day that ha been made in the area you live in???  Something to do with the honey being made with the pollen the child is allergic to!  Yet to try it but am definitely going to, anything to stop using an antihistamine every day.

Not sure if this will help at all but at least you will know you are not the only one with the same problem!  :)

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: foods to avoid to try and stop hayfever etc?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 21:02:34 pm »
Hiya

Honey certainly does help relieve / prevent my hayfever but be careful it is not recommended for infants (under 1 I think) as it carries a risk of botulism...

H xxx