Author Topic: Egg free sponge cake?  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Bexmummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Diddabobbado!!
« on: April 18, 2006, 19:59:35 pm »
Hi! My little girl has an egg allergy and I was wondering if anyone has a good sponge cake recipe that doesn't need eggs? I'm hoping she can have a piece of her birthday cake in September. I know it's a while off, but I'd like to practice a bit beforehand. Any other egg-free recipes would be most appreciated. Becca is so fussy when it comes to food so any new options to try her with would be good. It's almost as if she knows there are things she can't have. The trouble is that she won't try a lot of other things too. She pulls a "yucky" face and throws the food on the floor. She looks cute doing it but I'd like her to try new things if possible!

Thanks from Vic x

Offline Jenn©

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: Egg free sponge cake?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 22:14:29 pm »
http://www.recipes4us.co.uk/Specials%20and%20Holidays/Special%20Diets%20Allergies/Eggless%20Sponge%20Cake%20Veg%20CD%20CBF%2040mins%20plus%20cooling.htm  Sorry it took so long!!  The main web site has a bunch of other egg free recipes.  Let us know how it goes.  Mine has to avoid eggs until 2 years as I was allergic as a baby.    http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/CrazyCake.asp   Or, let's talk chocolate!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 22:29:23 pm by mouse mom »
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Bexmummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Diddabobbado!!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 19:18:54 pm »
Thank you!! I especially like the idea of a chocolate cake as I LOVE chocolate and so does Bec... How many girls don't like it though!? I'll tell you how it goes...  ;D

Offline Lªuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Egg free sponge cake?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 21:16:11 pm »
Cool, I (unfortunately) need this as well.

Lauren x