Author Topic: Ready to start the day at 5.30-6am!  (Read 3621 times)

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
Re: Ready to start the day at 5.30-6am!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 08:31:16 am »
I'm coming to the same conclusion - I just need to work out a routine where he only gets 2-2.5 hours of naps but isn't frazzled during his A times and doesn't need to go to bed at 6pm.  It's a bit difficult!  My nephew is 2 and he has 2 hours a day - it seems mad that Zander only needs the same?!
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 16:56:29 pm »
Hi Kelly! I am sorry you are still having a rough time. It has just been okay with us. Gage is getting around 2.5 hrs of total day sleep, and is sleeping a little longer. I know it is weird. There is a sticky on sleep amounts at the top of this forum I think.

Offline KellyC

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 18:16:54 pm »
Zander woke at 6.10am today, has had 2.75 hours sleep (most of it after his lunch this afternoon) and went to bed at 7pm.  We'll see what time he wakes up tomorrow!!

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 07:46:45 am »
Calum has made it to 0645 this morning  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (but then he wasn't sleeping until 2030)
We had a 30min / 10min / 2.5hr nap schedule yesterday.  I have slowly been trying to bring his day forward

Usually his wake ups are between 0545 - 615  :o
Lauren x

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 09:43:24 am »
Mia is still waking up anytime between 5 and 5.30am.  If its any later than that it feels like a lie in.  I also agree with you all that she needs less day time sleep now and think 2.5hours sounds about right.  The problem is that as she's been up since 5am she is cranky is I don't let her have longer than 1.5 in the morning and the same in the afternoon - at least.

My ideal would be 45 minutes only in the morning (I never thought I'd hear myself say that!) and 1.75 in the afternoon with a bedtime at 7.30.
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006, 10:44:24 am »
Louise
I have only been getting between 30 - 60mins from Calums 1st nap, today it was 40mins  :o
Lauren x

Offline KellyC

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 13:09:45 pm »
Yep, we're going for a power nap in the morning followed by a long nap after lunch.  Looking at it from a selfish point of view it's much easier to get out and enjoy the day this way!  I find that if the morning nap is really short (I had to wake Zander after 30 minutes to go out this morning so may go with that tomorrow if his pm nap is good - 50 minutes so far!) he extends the pm nap and he manages to stay up until bedtime at 7pm.  I did start trying for 7.30pm but I think his natural bedtime is 7pm.

Oh b@gger - he's stirring.  My bum cheeks are clenched waiting to see if it develops into a scream!!!!

Yup - off I go!

Kelly x

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 15:02:15 pm »
Thanks for that lovely visual image you left us with Kelly!!  ;D

It seems to me that just when I've got naps cracked, y'know they are no longer a low point in my day, dd goes down beautifully for them and I have to wake her up from them, just when we've got to this point, I have to start reducing them down to 2.5 hours in total!

Grrrr...............
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy

Offline KellyC

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 15:54:44 pm »
It is typical isn't it!  Clenching my bum cheeks when I think Zander's going to wake up or when he's about to kick off in public is the only exercise I get these days  ;D

Offline shabec

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2006, 03:44:38 am »
Thanks to all of you for the conversation, ideas and thoughts! Not sure about the nap schedule, since DS on an average day has as little as 3-4 twenty minute naps!!! He yawns and rubs his eyes a lot thru the day, telling me that he's still not getting enough sleep. 

My gut tells me it's either these pesky teeth, or as first suggested, perhaps a lack of sleep?? 

He had a late night last night, since we had to wake him up to get home from an outing, and slept in til 7.20am this morning, so maybe I need to try and extend his bedtime?  I still think he needs more daytime sleep tho' in order to achieve this, since he is usually beside himself with tiredness by the time bath & bottle rocks around between 6 and 6.30pm.  If only he could talk and tell me!! :-\

Offline traceyt

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2006, 13:40:12 pm »
i am going through this too - i posted a longer post on the "early waker" thread - what is it about 7-8mo that they wake so early!?!?!  this is really bad, as my stepson comes back to our house for the week tomorrow and i can't just let Anna chatter in bed for 45m before getting her, so i will just have to get up at 5:15 and reinforce this bad pattern.  She was doing so well too, starting to really nap well and sleeping at night so well, then she started waking up 2 times in the night to be fed, now she is waking once to be fed and once in the really early morning to get up!  i am trying to get her 3h of sleep during the day - i find she can't get by without at least that without being incredibly cranky.  Right now she is awake after only 10.5 hours of sleep and 30 m of nap - this is going to be a BAD day.

Offline bneydgrl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 15:12:54 pm »
So how do you 'fix' that...with set naptimes?  How long does it normally take a babe to accept the set naptimes and extend their morings/slep in a bit to compensate?
Rebecca

Ella - 8.26.05

Offline bneydgrl

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2006, 16:18:59 pm »
Here's what's going on with us...

Ella's good for about 2-2.5hr of naps (they get split up evenly 1 or 1:15 in length).  If I stick to a 9 and 1 nap times then there is too much A time at the end of the day before a 7p bedtime.  She seems to do best if we do about 10 and 2 for the naps.  However I think her clock is stuck at a 6;10 wake up.  I did W2s for two mornings and she slept until 7.  Then the next night she didn't settle in until 7:30p (cutting teeth) and woke at her old time of 6:10 (if she goest to bed too late then she shows it not through nightwakings but by cutting her night short like this).   

I stretched her out until 10 yesterday and again today when she woke early and she took an hour nap each time and woke happy.  I'm hoping that keeping to 10 and 2 will help regulate her wake up time closer until 7.   Will it?  In the meantime should i keep doing w2s?   For how long until it should 'take' -- i.e for her to sleep until about 7 consistently?

Thanks!
Rebecca
Rebecca

Ella - 8.26.05

Offline bneydgrl

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2006, 17:11:25 pm »
That's what i was wondering...how long W2S normally takes?
Rebecca

Ella - 8.26.05