Author Topic: 11 months and still not sleeping  (Read 880 times)

Offline tired rach

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:13:19 am »
hi

I posted about a month ago with my not sleeping 10 month old... Since then we've worked really hard and got her back in her cot using pu/pd (well stand up / pd) and she stays in her own bed all night BUT she is still waking frequently in the night!  He naps are better and she's sleeping longer and longer during the day without intervention and she can put herself to sleep at bedtime - with me hovering at the door out of sight! But ready to go in and put her down again if she stands up. 

At night she seems to struggle to go back to sleep without me stroking her cheek or having a hand on her back.  She's very spirited and seems to drift off, then, all of a sudden wake up and get into crawling position or start 'chatting' last night she was up at 12, then for an hour from 2-3, then again for 10 mins at 4 and again at 5.30... I dont rush straight in when she wimpers but if i don't go in she'd get histerical fast.  I'm soooo tired, thank god for chocolate!

Her routine looks like this:

5 ish BF (fed her at 4 this am as she seemed hungry and i thought she would sleep until 6 then!)
6.30 get up - mad crawling around the house and annoying the dogs!
7.30 breakfast - cereal, toast, fruit....
8.30 go for walk in backpack then read books
10 nap
11 get up snack - sandwich or fruit
go out or play inside
1pm lunch -fish pie or something
2pm nap (until last week we had a BF before this nap but I cut it and offer her formula from tippy cup instead - she doesn't want it at the moment)
3.30 get up snack of fruit...offer her milk again
5pm tea - cereal or pasta or somthing
play outside
6pm bath
6.30 bf and books
then bed at 7

She is teething at the moment (seems endless) and i give paracetamol when it seems bad (nolonger knocks her out  ;). Also she's not a great eater so i wonder if part of the problem is hunger. 

Should I try giving a dream feed?  The problem is currently she wont take a bottle (she used to but she started refusing it and I was lazy and stopped for a while now it's a no go) and I don't want to go back to BFing more!

Has anyone got any ideas I'm reaching the end of my tether!

thanks

Rachel

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: 11 months and still not sleeping
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 15:51:52 pm »
if lo is waking hungry at 4 am then chances are she does need more calories during the day. my lo isn't quite that age yet, but that is what it sounds like. by all means, you could try the df but i don't think that will solve your problems at this time as tracy suggests dropping the df at about 7 months as at the estimated point it usually starts causing more wakings than stopping them.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline tired rach

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 17:10:25 pm »
yeah..thanks.  Its just getting them down her - tea tonight resulted in 3 rejected bowls ranging from risoto to porridge, she ended up with a fromage frais and a bit of french bread...not enough for a good nights sleep me thinks. 

I look forward to another night of fun!