Author Topic: routine at 12 months  (Read 1056 times)

Offline phs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
routine at 12 months
« on: April 19, 2006, 11:15:15 am »
hello, my little one iss going to be a year old next week, i'm not sure how to change her day, reduce bottles of milk etc.
her day at present:
6.30 wake and milk (6oz bottle)
8.00 breakfast
9.30-10.00 nap 1hr
12.00 lunch
1.30 milk (5oz bottle)
2.00 nap 1hr
5.00 dinner
7.00 milk 7oz bottle
bath
7.30 bedtime
She drinks veyr little water in the day, about 2oz! She sleeps well if she sint teething! Shall i cut out the lunch bottle? Also she doesnt eat very well, only very small amounts. I havent tried a sippy for milk, she drinks water from the tommee tippee cup.

Anyw advice would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,.

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: routine at 12 months
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 13:03:42 pm »
Hi phs

it may be worth your while checking this post https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=10386.0 it goes sample routines of 6 - 12month babies.

HTH's
Lauren x

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: routine at 12 months
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 13:08:18 pm »
Many babies have a hard time getting used to their milk coming from something different from a bottle.  You will need to start working on it soon if you're ready to get rid of the bottles.  It took my dd a month before she'd take just a sip of milk from the sippy before refusing anymore.  What I did was first offer the milk in the sippy, and then what she didn't finish we finished in the bottle.  What you could do with your routine is to move the bottle/milk feeds and the meal feeds into one.  So, since she wakes at 6:30, you could either start then with milk in the sippy, and then follow up with breakfast still offering the sippy throughout, then put the remainder in the bottle.  Then, you could start offering a light snack before her naps since you would be moving her meals up.  Then general idea is not to drop the milk, but just to change the way they drink it.  Ultimately, there's very differing ideas about when you should stop using bottles.  I've personally heard that the longer you wait, the harder it is for them to give up, but I've also heard that they'll give it up on their own.  Either way, you basically want their meals times to somewhat match up with your's.  Another thing you could try is to start her on a different sippy cup that would be for milk.  That being said, it didn't work for my dd.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007