Author Topic: Put 4th bottle back in??  (Read 893 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
Put 4th bottle back in??
« on: April 19, 2006, 16:23:28 pm »
About a month or so ago, my son started refusing his mid-morning bottle.  After a week of him only taking an ounce or two or refusing it AND waking early from his afternoon nap b/c of hunger, we cut out the 10:30 bottle and moved his 2:30 bottle up to 1:30 before his nap. 

The other day, DH dropped Luke off at the new sitter and accidentally put two bottles in his bag instead of one.  She wasn't sure if he was supposed to get it mid morning or not, so she went ahead and gave it to him and he sucked it dry!  He took his afternoon bottle completely and still ate all his solids.  Yesterday, he didn't have the mid-morning bottle.  He woke up at 10 pm screaming bloody murder (which he hasn't done in a loooong time) and would not resettle until he had a bottle....which he sucked dry.

Do I put the mid-morning bottle back in his schedule?  He is a lot more active now, so maybe he needs the extra calories in addition to the other 3 bottles, 3 meals and 2 snacks?  TIA
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Put 4th bottle back in??
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 16:58:23 pm »
Is he maybe experiencing a growth spurt at the moment ???

DS isn't at this stage yet, so I am interested to see what others say.

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
Re: Put 4th bottle back in??
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 17:44:06 pm »
I don't know.  I just know that he's a lot more active these days.

I'm thinking that maybe I'll just put it back in and see how it goes.  If he only takes a little bit, then he only takes a little bit, right?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08