Author Topic: "typical" A time  (Read 18535 times)

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
Re: "typical" A time
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2006, 17:59:35 pm »
Up at 6.20am and very tired all day  ::)

We went out for the day though which was lovely.  He slept in the car on the way there and we had to wake him up to go into the park (Monkey World!) - he protested very loudly about this for a few minutes!  He also slept on the way back but woke up when we got home and refused to go back to sleep so his first nap was 45 minutes and his second was 20 minutes!  He had another 40 minutes at tea time and I'm just about to feed him and put him to bed - it's 7pm so he'll hopefully be asleep for 7.30pm.  We has a terrible cold again, poor little mite.

We go to his room 15 minutes before a nap and I read a story whilst he plays with his juice cup.  Once we're finished he has a couple of sips of juice then I change his nappy and strip him down to his vest and we sit on the chair and I sing Twinkle Twinkle (snap Katy!!).  Then I put him in his sleeping bag in the cot, tell him it's time to sleep, turn the noise machine on and turn the light off on my way out.  He usually shouts to himself for 5 or 10 minutes then it goes quiet and he's asleep!
Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2006, 02:54:51 am »
Well, today we had A times of 2hrs 20, 2 hrs, 2hrs 45 and 3hrs 25 today. It feels as if Theron is really starting to get the hang of this extended A time thing. It wasn't even that hard keeping him up for the final stretch. The first nap was only 30 minutes, but I think that's because DH kept him up a little too long. We made up for that with a 1.5 hour nap the second time around. Of course I was not at all sleepy by that stage, and could really have done with a longer nap earlier in the am myself  ::)

Kelly -- glad that Monkey World was a good change. I keep meaning to ask you how Zander's adapting to his crib. Theron doesn't seem to miss the hammock at all, in fact has come on so quickly developmentally (in terms of rolling and moving around) since we transitioned him, that I wonder if the hammock didn't hamper his development somewhat  ??? And how is W2S working for you? I'm holding off on fiddling with naps till we have more age-appropriate A times, and its more clear what he needs in terms of day sleep. I'm optimistic about Stacy's suggestion that longer A times will naturally increase his naps, at least this time around! It certainly seems to be working so far (Yay Stacy!)

Katy

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2006, 13:32:00 pm »
I think I found out Jalyn's story... too much A time = 20-30 minute nap... too little A time = 45 minute naps.... just right A time = 1.5 hour nap...
Now, just to figure out how she can tell me when the right amount of A time.... of course, this morning she didn't wake until 7:20 and then we had the preschool run... so the AM nap may be trouble...
Good naps to all!
~Rachel

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2006, 18:54:12 pm »
I think I found out Jalyn's story... too much A time = 20-30 minute nap... too little A time = 45 minute naps.... just right A time = 1.5 hour nap...

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Rachel. That sounds just like Theron too!