Author Topic: Orange juice ?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Mum to cool dude

• Seven Of Nine
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 52
Orange juice ?
« on: April 20, 2006, 12:12:30 pm »
A couple of days ago my DS woke up at 11 pm with a temperature and upset and did not settle until 1.30 am. He has otherwise been fine during the day. The doctor said "viral infection" which I suspect means "I haven't got the foggiest"  :P

Could it have been an allergic reaction to the orange juice he had for tea ? He's fine with tinned mandarin slices and had had mashed banana with the juice of half a banana on a previous occasion.  Does an allergic reaction to a food manifest itself immediately ?

Sorry if it's a silly question - I don't know much about allergies. I suspect that DS had some kind of tummy problem because he was a real little pooing machine that day and he didn't want solids for a day

Thanks

Offline jezni

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • My little hunk!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:16:41 pm »
Hi
Allergic reactions generally do not cause fever. Although by the sound of it he has/had a viral infection due to the fever and the poops! Classic signs. Unfortunately that diagnosis is frustrating but it is one that is very common! You could use some Tylenol or Motrin for the fever when he spikes one as to not allow it to get to high and to keep him comfortable. Hope your little one feels better.

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Re: Orange juice ?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 12:44:36 pm »
DR's here are quick to diagnose a viral infection aren't they ! the symptoms do sound like a viral infection. regarding the orange juice . when Ryan was constipated we were advised to give diluted pure orange juice to relieve him , maybe all the pooping was down to the orange juice
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .