Author Topic: Activity time for a five month old  (Read 1218 times)

Offline igm4480

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 28, 2006, 15:13:41 pm »
Hi,
I have been struggling with short naps with my DD for months now.  I kept reading that this was a problem that sorted itself out for many people around five months.  I thought we were on the right track when my daughter had several days in a row of long naps in the morning.  However, that didn't last, and now she is back to taking 30 minute naps.  I have a feeling that this might have something to do with the length of her A time, but I can't seem to find the right amount to get her to nap longer.  But the 30 minute naps are driving me crazy because she is cranky.  So, what are the typical activity times for five month olds?  I was also wondering if I should move the next nap earlier, if her first nap is only 30 minutes, or at this age is it better to start going with scheduled nap times?  TIA.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Activity time for a five month old
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 15:38:52 pm »
In general, A time for 5 months is usually between 2-2.5 hours. You might want to also head over the naps forum for some tips - maybe even post your routine there so we can take a look.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01