Author Topic: Allergies and BF - homeopathic suggestions please? (or ANY suggestions!)  (Read 780 times)

tstasko

Hello,
Does anybody know of any homeopathic remedies for allergies that would be suitable for breastfeeding?  I have been hit horribly with allergies (never had them before until I got pregnant and looks like they are here to stay! >:(
I asked my pharmacist and she said there is nothing that is suitable for breastfeeding - i didn't have time to go to my natural health store, and will try to do so this weekend - but wanted to see what other breastfeeding mommies are doing?
Any input would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!
Tari (acccchhhhhoooooo!) ;D

Offline Carter'sMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • Windsor, Canada
My Ob had told me that things like Claritin and Allegra were ok but to avoid any older drugs such as Benedryl as it woudl make the baby very sleepy (and ummm that's a bad thing??  ;D)  I decided to not take anything and it was HORRIBLE!!!  I know what you are going through  :(

I would check with another pharmacist or even try calling your Dr.  They may have other suggestions.  I don't know of anything homeopathic (sorry).
Cathy - Mama to:
Carter Luke - March 29, 2005
Mason Henry - April 7, 2007
Daphne Catherine Grace - May 30, 2010

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Check with your LO's pediatrician - they're a really good resource when it comes to drugs that are safe to take when BFing -- actually, better yet, check with a lactation consultant -- if nothing else, I'm sure she'll have some good ideas for alternatives to medication if nothing else.

tstasko

Thank you both for responding so quickly.  I will definitely check with my LC and with my dd's ped.  And may I say DUH!! :-[  Can't believe I didn't think of that - my head is so fuzzy with all the pollen...guess it seeped through to the brain a little lol ;D
Thanks again!