Author Topic: 11 month old needing a feed in the night  (Read 1009 times)

Offline JaneyB

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: April 21, 2006, 10:12:20 am »
I am new to this page and I am sorry if my question has been posted before but I am looking for some help.  My 11 month old baby has never managed to sleep through the night and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.  She has either 2 short naps (1 in the morning and 1 just after lunch), or 1 long nap after lunch ( 1.5 hours), depending on how tired she is when she gets up.  Her nursery (3 days a week), has got her on the 1 long nap after lunch routine mostly and I try to follow that, although she does grab a 5 minute catnap on the drive to nursery.  She eats a good breakfast at 7am, a small snack midmorning, lunch at 12 and tea at 5pm.  She has a bottle in the afternoon (takes anything from 3 to 5 oz), one at bedtime at 7pm (5 - 7oz), and a third bottle happens sometime during the night, anytime from midnight to 4am and she has 7oz (the biggges milk feed of the day).  She then goes back to sleep until around 6am.

She has a bedtime routine which works well and she gets herself off to sleep by about 7pm.  She has a dummy to go to sleep and I have tried giving her this when she wakes but it simply puts off the inevitable and she will be crying again an hour or so later hungry for milk.  If I feed her at 4am I don't give her anymore milk when she wakes up or she doesn't eat breakfast.  I would like to get to the situation where she wakes at 6am,has a bottle, and then I give her breakfast as normal at 7am, but don't know how to go about it.

Anyway advice would be most welcome as I cannot see this sitation changing and me and my husband are both back at work and are tired out!
Mummy to my little darling Megan
Born on 21st May 2005

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: 11 month old needing a feed in the night
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 15:53:21 pm »
ok well here's a link for you to take a look at about reducing night feedings:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=46907.0

it seems as though your lo has somehow switched the morning feed for a night feed - which can be very common and it just needs to be weaned in order for you to help it to correct itself. is that the only time lo is waking at night? for the feeding? take a look at the topic i posted and let me know if you have any more quesitons or concerns.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline JaneyB

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 16:15:41 pm »
I will definitely give this a go and hope its as much of a success with my little Megan as it was with baby Leah!  I will start tonight and let you know how it goes over the next week or so! :) 
Mummy to my little darling Megan
Born on 21st May 2005

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 00:39:38 am »
good luck!! ;)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005