Author Topic: Winding down  (Read 893 times)

Offline mommy G

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 21, 2006, 15:44:26 pm »
Hello All, my 10 month old son has been waking up in the middle of the night forever.  He goes to sleep by 8pm and wakes at 1030pm, 230am, 445am and 645am.  I am still breastfeeding and I only feed him at the 445am wake.  I have been doing the PD method for 2 weeks now and it is better.   Before 3 days ago he was going down for his first nap between 10-1030am which I learned was too late because it pushed back his afternoon nap.  I now put him down at 915am and 1-130pm for 2nd nap. I find that I have to hold his hands or he is too wound up.  He would keep standing up in his crib until 1030am if I didn't.  I do let him stand up at bedtime and then lay him backdown but if I don't walk him in the stroller or hold him from standing up for nap times I will be their until 1030am which puts us back to the old schedule.  I hate to hold his hands because he fights it and I feel like I shouldn't be doing this.

Is he too wound up?  I am trying to wind him down with story's etc. but don't think its working well. ???

Any advice will be much appreciated!  Thank you, Jackson's mom - Mommy G

Offline mommy G

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 16:40:47 pm »
He is tired at the 915am nap because I can see he gets cranky and rubbs eyes and if I were to walk him in the stroller, he would be asleep in 5 minutes.  Here is my EASY  schedule:
wake 630am and BF
Breakfast, cereal and fruit at 830am
nap at 915am
wake at 1015am and BF
lunch, fruit, veggies at 1230pm
nap at 130pm
wake at 3pm and BF
dinner at 530pm
bath at 630pm
BF at 715 asleep by 745pm

I can't believe how much he gets up still in the night...does it ever end?  Thanks.

Offline mommy G

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 17:18:17 pm »
Yes he is only hungry at the 445pm wake...the other times I just sshhh him to sleep, only takes a minute or two.....I put the pacifier in his mouth and he is out. the night wakings are always the same time so I should try wake to sleep....what do I do wake him up a couple minutes before the usual wake time and do that for 4 days?  Don't think I understand that one fully....I will try to talk to him and see if that helps him settle and work on some more winding down...he seems to get really hiper the more tired he gets.  When I do the PD I wait for him to stand up fully in his crib and then I say "lay down, sleepy time" and lay him back down....sometimes he stands up 30 times.  When I first started  two weeks ago he stood up close to 70 times before falling asleep!