Author Topic: 8mth old stirs and started waking for a feed at 3am!!!!!!!  (Read 954 times)

Offline mazz

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • I'm 28 - 1 daughter 8mths - live in Mids England
8mth old stirs and started waking for a feed at 3am!!!!!!!
« on: April 23, 2006, 16:40:52 pm »
Hi everyone
I have a little girl who is almost 8 mths old.  Until about 1 mth ago she was sleeping in a gro bag but we have taken her out of this now as, since rolling over and crawling she gets very uncomfortable in this.  The thing is she now moves around the bed and wakes up cold.  Sometimes she can stir every hour or cry out as she rolling around to get comfy.  Sometimes she'll get heself back to sleep but a lot of the time it takes someone to go and give her a sip of water to calm her back to sleep.  Occassionaly she doesnt start the stiring thing until the early hours but lately it's started earlier and earlier (about 11pm).
Also, since she had a bad tummy bug last week, she has started waking up at 3am for a feed - I have read the post about reducing the amount of formula in her feeds and I will be starting that tomorrow night (already made up tonights feed) but any other ideas are gratefully received.

Any ideas on how to stop the stirring?????  It's getting more frequent.

Thanks.

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: 8mth old stirs and started waking for a feed at 3am!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 00:36:24 am »
could you post lo's routine? have you tweaked it lately? it could be partly due to the fact she wasn't well and partly also due to the routine needing tweaking.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline mazz

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • I'm 28 - 1 daughter 8mths - live in Mids England
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:26:49 am »
Glad to say she didnt wake up for a feed last night - she still does the stirring though so could still do with aadvice onhow to stop her waking us up!!!!!!

Gets up about 7.15
4oz bottle
Cereal at about 8.30
Sleep at about 9.45 for 1 hour ish
Luch at 12
Sleep at about 3 for 1 hour ish
Tea at about 4.30
Bath at 7.15
9 or 10oz bottle at about 8
Asleep by about 8.20.

I would like her to sleep more solidly during the night as she's so much better when she's had a good nights sleep (arent we all).  Also, I am recovering from very bad pnd and really need my rest - due to this my husband sorts her stirrings in the night (I am on strong anti depressnets which make me very woozey in the night and quite incapable of sorting her on my own) but the poor bloke is knackered!  I try to help but am no good due to my tablets!

Thanks for your help
Marion.

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 03:07:41 am »
well the small amount for the am bottle kinda tells me there that lo doesn't NEED a night feeding, although she does need the calories and is used to getting them at night. if she iddn't wkae up last night for the bottle then chances are she is ok without it and maybe just try to soothe back to sleep, or even offer water .. is the waking the waking often the same time each night? if it is you could try wake to sleep...
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005