Author Topic: avent niplette  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
avent niplette
« on: April 23, 2006, 18:09:39 pm »
Has anyone used one of these and was it any good? 

I have flat nipples and I couldn't breastfeed Johno I think because of a mixture of his inability to suck and the latch that wasn't possible because of my nipples.  So since I am ttc this issue has come to mind and I would like to try and breastfeed.  Experience of the help I didn't receive when Johno was born tells me that its a problem I'm going to need to look into myself.  I saw these and wonder if they would work so that at least that would help next time.

http://www.avent.com/uk/en/breastfeeding_niplette.php
Jenny

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Re: avent niplette
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 23:21:36 pm »
I have no idea, but a friend of mine did use something to "pull" out her nipples a bit.  I will ask her what worked and post for you.  (I hope I worded that in a polite way)
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline ToryG

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:05:57 am »
Both of my nipples are flat/inverted. I did use the niplette during pregnancy and also after birth (though it got clogged iwth milk!) to try and help with breastfeeding. One nipple is worse than the other and baby has difficulty latching on to that one, but he's managed with the other one. It hasn't corrected them permanently though that might just be me and it coule work for you - I would give them a try as they have helped- what have you got to lose!!?

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Re: avent niplette
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 01:21:15 am »
OK, I spoke with my friend and she said this is exactly the same product she used.  She said to tell you it isn't fun and you should use it as often as possible, but it will work.  She said it will take a bit of time depending on the severity.  She was happy she could pass the information along.

I hope you are successful.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)