Author Topic: Weaning anxiety - need a pep talk!!  (Read 872 times)

kgmf123

Weaning anxiety - need a pep talk!!
« on: April 23, 2006, 21:44:51 pm »
I have just started weaning my DD and I am feeling quite anxious about it all.

With my DS, the guidelines were to start weaning at 4 months but he refused to open his mouth to any solids until he was 7.5months old. He then refused to tolerate lumpy foods but quite happily jumped this stage to finger foods. His eating finally took off when he was 12 months and he has never looked back.

I have waited until just over 6 months to start weaning DD (as per the guidelines) but I am feeling really stressed over it. It seemed such hard work the first time around.

Please someone tell me that it is going to be alright, and that I am worrying over nothing. She has taken a little bit of apple puree (wouldn't entertain rice) but wasn't thrilled. I think she is ready, (or going through a growth spurt) as she was up 3 times last night (after a df!) and seemed genuinely hungry.

Kat x

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Weaning anxiety - need a pep talk!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 00:50:35 am »
Don't worry some babies take to solids very quickly like mine others will do it slowly which is fine. Just keep persisting with what you are doing and when you feel comfortable try perhaps some vegetables like pumpkin or potato. Over the next few weeks if you find your DD is taking solids well perhaps start introducing a second meal, perhaps do fruit for one meal and veges for the other meals. Don't worry of she only takes a few mouthfuls you will find this will start to increase over the weeks.
Perhaps look at the post above on how to introduce solids it is very informative and helpful.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07