Author Topic: unsure why he's waking!  (Read 1370 times)

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
unsure why he's waking!
« on: April 24, 2006, 08:22:43 am »
My DS hsa been sleeping badly for a few weeks now and things just seem to get worse! Last night he woke every hr after 12pm...I thought it might b to do with a growth spurt at the beginning but i'm sure it doesnt go on this long does it??' He didnt eat very much yesterday (about 78g in total) so it may b hunger but then again he never cried...just took his dummy and was off to sleep again (for an hr!!) Maybe i should wait till he actually cries??? any thoughts on why he is waking and does anyone else have this prob at the mo??'

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
Re: unsure why he's waking!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 13:31:29 pm »
Have just been thinking...could it be hunger? Lo has never really cired when hungry so hard to tell but he NEver taKES A GOOD FEED during the day...if i let him he would go 6 7  hrs!

Offline courtneyandmiles

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 13:58:10 pm »
I just replied to a similar post, if you'd like to read it, go to:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=58836.0

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 14:15:40 pm »
Thanx! i dont swaddle DS but he does take a paci...he used to sleep thru...do u think its possible to un-learn sleep??? I cannot tank him up as he hardly eats at all...feeling really down at the mo as nothing works

Offline Elphyrafire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Jack aged 2 years/ Rya aged 1 month
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 14:36:44 pm »

I replied to you on the other post:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=58645.0

OH, it's so easy to feel depressed over this- especially after DS WAS sleeping through  (or close) and now he is not.  And your exhaustion plays a part in feeling down. It's so frusterating to go back to bed and lay down and hear that little whimper 1 hour later. Your stomach just drops. I know I wouild feel physically ill, like throwing up. What could be wrong with my baby? Why is this happening to us? All those thoughts. Also, like yours, my DS was not crying. Kind of a whiney laugh and freakin' loud so the whole whole woke up.  I did try to leave him until he cried (which eventually happened around the 40 minute mark) but it didn't really help . I know that some babies need to "chat" to calm themselves or mantra cry. It is soooo annoying.
Is your DS on cereal in the day? That could  help or hinder.
Anyway, I hope you can post your schedule and the moderators can suggest something to try.
Good luck!
Mom to "Textbook" Jack born Dec 3, 2005
and (?) Rya- Feb 13, 2008

Vancouver, Canada

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 07:57:47 am »
Still no improvement...lsat night up every hr! I really tried to SLOW to see what was going on...dont think its hunger, hes not too hot/cold, he seems to never fall into a deep sleep! MAYBE OVERTIRED? what can i do about this if naps etc still a nightmare??? REgarding P/U p/d....shall i do this at night? It seems a bit pointless as he falls right back to sleep as soon as I pick him up so I am becoming the prop??? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Offline Elphyrafire

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 16:27:04 pm »
OMG- I know what it's like.
Something that worked last night for us ... (got us 10-6 no wakes ... but I was up, of course)
Do you swaddle DS?
We do.
Every few hours (about one hour before the wakings) I went and put him on his side- wedged in. The the next 2 hour mark I flipped him to the other side. He was not "flat out" but he didn't wake up. I am going to try it again tonight!
keep trying! Advice I got was to concentrated on removing one nightwake at a time and the others may follow.

Vancouver, Canada

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 16:36:21 pm »
thanx elphyrafire! not sure what u mean by turning him every now and then...kinda like w2s?

Offline Elphyrafire

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 16:45:06 pm »
Hi Yaya-
I mean just changing his sleeping position for him, since he can't (he's in a swaddle and plus, he can't roll over to his side yet). I thought "maybe he's partially waking up because he's getting tired of being in the same sleeping position" I know I can't stay on my back all night. I was just graspng at straws.
Tonight I am going to try feeding him formula at the last feed instead of BF-ing. Your DS probably takes formula anyway as he is 6 months but mine hasn't yet. My friend has success with that and her baby is only 7 weeks old. One bottle of forumla is not going to hurt him .
GL
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 16:47:46 pm by Elphyrafire »

Vancouver, Canada

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 16:52:34 pm »
Ive heard its very good to give 1 bottle of formula at night...wish i'd done it sooner!