Author Topic: Help with 7 week old a ton of questions  (Read 898 times)

Offline jennarei

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: April 25, 2006, 21:24:08 pm »
My daughter Julia is 7 weeks old today and the easiest baby ever.  Only cries when she is hungry and goes to bed easily.  She eats every 2.5 to 3 hours and at 8:30 I put her to bed awake and she falls to sleep with in 10 mins with no fussing. The only issue is that right now her schedule is

wakes at 6:30 eats and falls back to sleep till 8:30 wales eats and then is awake till 12 eats and sleeps till 3 wakes eats and then is awake till 5:30 eats and cat naps till 8 when we do bath and bottle ( the rest of the feeds are bf) and then to bed we dream feed at 11 and she wakes at 3 to feed.

My questions are
1. Are the long wake periods and long naps normal?
2.  What do I do about the cat naps in the evening?  Is it normal?
3.  What do I do with her during the long awake times?  I have 3 other kids who are 9, 4, and 2 and they need my attention to and I feel like Julia ends up sitting in her bouncer alot. 

Thanks in advance

Jennifer

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Help with 7 week old a ton of questions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 00:14:27 am »
Does she fall asleep on her own for naps, or does she feed to sleep?  If she's happy when awake, I'd say go with the flow.  She obviously is getting good day and night sleep.  As for activities, there's really not much a 7 wo will do other than watch the world around her.  You can read to her or play music, let her play on the floor under a gym.  We have an Activities Board you might be able to find more ideas on.  If she is generally happy and sleeps well, I really wouldn't worry about anything.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007