Author Topic: I cannot find the reason for her allergic reaction  (Read 2058 times)

s_olano00

I cannot find the reason for her allergic reaction
« on: April 25, 2006, 09:56:25 am »
I am not quite sure what to do...

Anna Krisztina started getting little white bumps in her arms, legs, belly and cheeks about a month ago. I took her to her doctor and she told me it could be an allergic reaction.

It sounded a bit strange to me because I wasn't introducing any new food at that time. So I started by eliminating the 'usual suspects' - food and a body cream that I was putting her, but I haven't seen any change at all. Now she has more bumps and they are becoming more and more red and today I saw her scratching them!

I am beginning to think that it could be something environment related? I am quite worried since I am planning to take her to El Salvador (a completely new environment for her) and I am not sure whether she can have an allergy test done before going, of wether it's not worth right now since we are going to stay in El Salvador for 3 months...

I know I should take her to her doctor, but this would be the 3rd week in a row that I take her (nothing serious, she keeps on sucking an injured finger and I need to make sure the wound it's not infected). My doctor not too proactive, so I greatly appreciate your thoughts on this so I can be prepared in case I might need to push her.

I am at loss.... I hate seeing those red bumps in my baby's body!

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
Re: I cannot find the reason for her allergic reaction
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 10:02:33 am »
Could it be eczema?

s_olano00

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:08:28 am »
No idea...... she has had it for over a month and it really doesn't seem to bother her (I just saw her today scratching it for the 1st time).... the strange thin is that it's not in typical places (bends of the arms, wrists, ankles and neck - except her cheeks) but she has them in the back part of her legs (a bit below her butt) and in her shoulders and arms.

Here's a pic of one of her cheeks. It's not the best picture, but if you make it small, then you can see better the bumps...  sometimes they are worse and sometimes they are better.

What I am planning to do (not too thrilled about it because she wants to eat everything she sees in my dish) is to give a "detox" of only 'safe' chicken/veggies/fruits until it dissapears. I don't know what else to do.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 11:15:25 am by s_olano00 »

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:48:04 am »
Ryan's cheels are like that  , he has mild eczema . he doesn't have it in creases either . he has rough arms , legs and cheeks . he doesn't tend to scratch only a bad patch he has at the top of his legs . the way you describe it ......little white bumps and rashy . this is how Ryan's skin is . you could try eliminating dairy products to see if it helps . keep moisturising , put loads on and let it soak in .
  you can just see Ryan's cheeks in my avatar , they are like this all the time , if they are not red then they look rashy
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 11:54:41 am »
this is the best pic i can find of Ryan's cheek , don't know if you can see it properly
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

s_olano00

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 13:34:53 pm »
Thanks! AK's cheeks look quite similar to Ryan's (in my avatar they look tomato-red). The cheeks don't bother me too much, what I worry about is the bumps in the rest of her body.

What puzzles me is that since I have asthma and my family has quite a rich history of allergies related to the respiratory system, I decided to offer allergy-related food until she becomes 1, so diary, citrics, seafood, pineapple, chocolate, etc are not part of her daily menu...

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 13:55:52 pm »
Two docs recently told us that since I have asthma and a tiny bit of excema, dd is at high risk for developing both.   So far, she has the excema.  I'm just hoping the other shoe does not fall.  If it does, she already has a fabulous pulmonologist.      ::)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Shdef

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 18:57:43 pm »
that looks like teething eczema to me  ???

s_olano00

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 20:02:17 pm »
that looks like teething eczema to me ???

Can they also get it in their bodies?

Offline Shdef

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 07:02:29 am »
Unfortunately yes. My wee SIL has got them. Can you ask the doctor??? Because I am not a professional so I don't want to say too much

s_olano00

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 12:01:05 pm »
Scott's Maw, Ryan's Mum and Mouse Mom, THANKS A LOT for your advise, I appreciate it very much  :-*

I am planning to give her very simple food for the next week. If the problem pesists, we'll definetly pay another visit to the doctor.

Thanks again!