Author Topic: Is this texture aversion?  (Read 5649 times)

Offline deenz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 09:29:14 am »
Oh, and just to add proof that it's nothing you've done/haven't done, my dd2 (8m) eats pretty much anything I give her... I did exactly the same thing in terms of solids with both my girls(ebf til 6m etc etc) but they are just different children... I tell you it is soooooo nice to feed a child who actually eats what you give them...!!  I don't mind cooking her meals since I know she will eat them (I get soooo frustrated when I spend time cooking up a meal, only to have it refused without a taste!).

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Is this texture aversion?
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 18:21:11 pm »
Ds ate steak finally! :o  Lots of it.  A small miracle, I thought he would never eat it at this rate. ;D  He still isn't to sure about chicken breast, but we'll see.  Thanks for the links.  Besides being cautious about some foods, none of the other descriptions fit ds fortunatley. 
Julie

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 20:40:35 pm »
It is great to celebrate, isn't it!

DD ate mac n cheese, broccoli and a McD's burger this week - i was completely shocked.  She eating almost everything we put in front of her!  I thought this day would never come, it is like a switch has been turned on in side her head or mouth :-).

Offline BPsmummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 20:48:44 pm »
Hi All,
I am new to this site and I am so glad I have found it!  I am totally despairing at the amount of food that my ds eats - it is worrying me so much.
Today he ate hardly anything it's a wonder he is not in pain with hunger!!!
Some days he eats fairly ok but only certain foods, he will not eat any meat or fish and is very picky about most foods.  he loves pasta, cereals, bread and will eat most vegetables and fruit, but that is about it!!!  I would say that 1 day out of 7 he eats well.
I have never come across texture aversion before - it may be called something else here in England but I feel that that is where my ds has problems.  He also refuses food if he does not like the look of it....he won't even try it.
The threads you have all posted are really helpful so I am going to take on the advice there and take each day - he is 30 months now and just seems to be getting worse!  he ate well as a baby so not sure where I have gone wrong.  ???
xxx