Author Topic: Me again- Should I stop letting LO play in his crib in the day?  (Read 812 times)

Offline Elphyrafire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Jack aged 2 years/ Rya aged 1 month
Brainstorm:
I sometimes let DS play around in his crib in A time. Just rolling around and stuff. Am I confusing him? Should the crib be for sleeping only? What do you guys think?
Mom to "Textbook" Jack born Dec 3, 2005
and (?) Rya- Feb 13, 2008

Vancouver, Canada

Offline courtneyandmiles

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Re: Me again- Should I stop letting LO play in his crib in the day?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 23:49:08 pm »
I think if you put him in his crib w/out any remnants of bedtime routine, and not too near bedtime, you should be fine.  BABYWISE says it's good to have Baby playtime in the crib.  I think tracy does, too, especially for the babies who are afraid of the crib.  It's also helpful if you need to put Baby somewhere when he's mobile, and you don't have a playpen handy.  My friend did crib playtime w/ her son for the same reason, and he does bedtime fine!
-court

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Me again- Should I stop letting LO play in his crib in the day?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 03:51:06 am »
i actually co-slept with my lo for some time (i know bad bw mommy  :-[ :-[ ) but when transitioning lo to her crib i would give her crib play time throughout the day so she would learn to like her crib - and really it worked out really well and wasn't half as traumatic as i thought. if lo has any aversion to being in the crib for naps or bedtime it would help and is def useful as the prev poster said to put lo in to play for a bit if you need to get something done.

btw - don't worry about it - just glad to see you around! ;)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005