Author Topic: Soo tired...  (Read 835 times)

Offline Lilasmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: April 26, 2006, 19:20:38 pm »
Hi, DD is almost 5 1/2 months old.  She slept through the night from 7 weeks to 13 weeks of age.  Since then she's been waking one to two times a night to feed.  She's approx. 20lbs, so I don't know that she actually needs to eat this much at night.  In addition, besides waking up the two times to eat, she has started waking frequently at night for no reason I can figure out.   ???  Last night she woke a total of 6 times!!!!!!!  Then woke up at 6am (usually wakes at 7:15am) for the day (has done this the last three days).    Waking this early totally messes up our routine.  I'm so tired.  I don't mind getting up and feeding her if she's hungry, but all these other wakings???  She wakes at different times every night (within a 2 hour time-frame).  Anyhow if anyones has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.  Here is our routine:

A 7:15am (Wake)
E 7:30 am (BF)
A (Bath, play)
S 9:00am-10:30am
A (Play)
E 11:30 (BF)
A (Walk)
S 12:45-1:30pm
A (Play)
E 3:30pm (BF)
A (very short A time-diaper change)
S 4:00-5:00pm
A (play, get ready for bed)
E 6:30 (pre-bed snack-BF)
A (diaper change, winddown)
S 7:00pm

Her night wakings to eat are anytime between 11-1am then again between 3-6am.  When she wakes the other times at night, she is wide awake, and wants to play  :-\

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Re: Soo tired...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 19:25:43 pm »
UUURGGGH realy feel for u we r going thru much the same with our 6 mo!!
Fraid I have no real suggestions other than try to find cause of wakings eg.developmental, teething etc, does she go to sleep on her own?
 Try noting down wake up times to work out why and if u can observe her to see what shes up to
sorry havent got any better advice but just wanted to get back !

Offline Lilasmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 19:26:53 pm »
Oh one more thing, we've tried the dreamfeed and it doesn't seem to make a difference..she still wakes just as much.  Generally now that I'm thinking about it, she's eating every 4 hours around the clock.  If our schedule is off by a half hour or hour than that seems to be why she wakes at different times at night.  Also, we do swaddle her and give her a soother.  The soother doesn't really seem to help.  She's not real taken with it.  TIA

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Re: Soo tired...
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 19:30:37 pm »
Does she have any kind of discomfort at these wakings? WHat do u normally do?

Offline Lilasmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 19:46:32 pm »
Hi, yes she goes to sleep on her own.  Generally after I feed her I lay her down and I don't hear a peep out of her (even if wide awake).  However, when she wakes for othe reasons, she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.  She smiles and talks and kicks her feet and makes this sound (sounds like hmmmm hmmmm hmmm ).  She makes this sound alot lately.  Also, during the day she's taken to yelling -ALL DAY!!!  She seems happy enough, laughing and smiling.  I don't know if it's just that she's discovered her voice??  Anyhow I need to invest in earplugs. LOL