Author Topic: Never woke at night until now  (Read 837 times)

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: April 26, 2006, 17:30:58 pm »
My lo is a few days shy of 10 months.

He used to sleep from 730 until 6 am but over the last week he has been waking anywhere b/w 430 and 5.  For the last 2 nights 330 am.  Last pm midnight and 4 am. Each time I tried to settle him for up to an hour to hour and a half but he just outright cries, so I brought him over to my bed and he was quiet for an hour and then cried again so I fed him and he went back to sleep. ( I know I tried to avoid this but I too need to get sleep b/c I am working  )--a little AP).   Last week he was waking up b/c he started pooping at night again b/c of a food allergy and combo gastro.  Now that has resolved and he has a new cold, the early wakeups remain. Plus he is teething like crazy.

I don't know how to reset his clock....he can sleep longer I know b/c he used to.

This is his schedule on a normal day

6 am wake and BF
7-730 solids (6 tbsp cereal and 4 tbsp fruit)
9-915 nap 1-1.5hrs
11-1130 bottle EBM 5-7 oz (usually 6)
12-1230 lunch (4tbsp veg, 3tbsp cereal, 2tbsp meat, 3 tbsp fruit)
130 nap 1-1.5hrs
330 bottle EBM 4oz (now 1-1.5oz)
430 supper (4 tbsp veg,  2tbsp meat, 3 tbsp fruit)
700-715 bottle (6 oz)

I have a feeling tonight will be a repeat of last...any suggestions.  I really don't want to get into the habit of night feeding.
Sabine

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Never woke at night until now
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 17:54:14 pm »
i think that if you stretched out A times a bit and maybe kept an eye on long naps that would solve much of your problems. my lo is a bit older than yours, she can sleep no more and no less than 2-2.25 hrs naps / day and sleeps about 11 hrs at night. the morning looks as if it could be stretched (A time) by at least 15min to a half hr. the pm, lo could probably handle 3.75 to 4 hrs A time. when stretching out A times do it slowly but consistantly so lo doesn't get overtired and make sure that last bit of time you are stretching out is low key (reading, etc).

i absolutely agree that you do not want to make a habit out of the night feeding as that's probably not why lo is waking although it probably does help to get him  back to sleep kwim?

before really implementing anything i would make sure lo is feeling better first :)

good luck!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 18:28:49 pm »
Thanks for the advice...he is still stuffy so i'll wait until the cold passes before i start changing things up.

thanks again,

sabine

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Never woke at night until now
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 18:29:47 pm »
no problem! keep me posted and hope lo feels better soon!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005