Author Topic: Should I drop the nap?  (Read 944 times)

Offline CT Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Should I drop the nap?
« on: April 27, 2006, 00:05:54 am »
Hi everyone!

My dd is a great sleeper.  She even tells me when she is tired and wants to go to sleep!!  That said, she usually gets around 11-12 hours a night (from about 8:00-7:30/8:00).  She used to be a great afternoon napper too--about 2.5-3 hours (1:30-4:00).

But, since she's turned 2, it has been a different story with the napping.  She will literally sit in her crib and play by herself from about 1:30-4:00 instead of taking an afternoon nap..  At 4:00, I'll go get her.  And, if she manages to go to sleep, it is around 3:45.  I then try to wake her at 5:00 and she is terribly upset, cranky and TIRED.  She cries through dinner, is upset for bathtime etc.  If she skips the nap all together, she seems tired, but is actually less cranky and irratable.  If she skips the nap, she'll sleep about 13 hours/night.

Now, there have been a few days (like yesterday), were she actually fell asleep around 2:15.  And, I've heard that the afternoon nap shouldn't go away until closer to 3 years old.

What is everyone else doing?  Should I just skip that nap and perhaps just give her some "quiet time" instead?

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,
Nicole