Author Topic: help, i'm loosing steam  (Read 5014 times)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: help, i'm loosing steam
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2006, 03:03:54 am »
stacy - i do agree with you about the catnap...but it appears that lo is getting the catnap from 5-5:30...;)

the only thing i could possibly think of is lo isn't tired enough for the nap and maybe is 'rested' by the time it's 45 min into the nap and therefore not perhaps getting appropriate amounts of daytime sleep b/c of it??!! what do you think? what if you tried stretching that morning A time another 15 min and same thing with the pm. might be worth a try anyway.

how long has lo been having night wakings for now? (forgive me if you have already mentioned this..) is it relatively a new thing or has it been ongoing for some time now?? could it be something in your diet giving lo an upset belly??
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 14:41:13 pm »
lol - no problem! i had to look twice too..i think all everyone's routine's are blending in my mind! anyway, i do think that twelve hrs at night is a long stretch - it wasn't until a couple months ago my dd started doing 11hrs at night and has been pretty consistant with that..or 10.5 hrs  ::) ::)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline gavinsmum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 22:05:20 pm »
What woorked for us was actually eliminating that 5pm cat nap.  Gavin is up now from 3 pm until 7:30.  It is his longest strech and sometimes he seems so tired that I don't think he'll make it - but he does.  I never dreamed he'd make it that long but it worked for us.  He now takes two long naps or three short ones depending on the day.  Totalling abot 3 hours of naps.  It wasn't long ago that he was taking 4 - 5  30/45  minute naps.  No wonder he was waking at night - he was sleeping a lot durring the day.  What get hairy is if his naps are moved up too early.  If wakes from his last nap at 2:30 the evening can be really tough.  Good luck!

Offline cheriec

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 12:23:06 pm »
thanks gavinsmum,

i may try that.  but first a question to the group.  can overcoming the 45 min naps fix the problem of night wakings?  a couple of times i've gone in at about 35 min and when i see him start to squirm, i place a firm hand on him and it seems to help.  maybe once he can sleep through the 45min mark at naps, he'll sleep through some of the non-hunger night wakings.  any thoughts

Offline teezee

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2006, 17:04:34 pm »
could def help. good for you for trying! if it doesn't at least you will have one problem solved and can eliminate that from your list of 'could be's' kwim? let us know how things go the next few days.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline cheriec

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2006, 12:33:25 pm »
extending the naps is going okay.  5 wakes ups last night.  can it happen that babies begin to need the patting to go to sleep?  all this time i've been putting him down on his side and patting his bottom if needed.  so now when he wakes in the night, if i roll him to his side and pat, he finds his thumb and usually goes off (maybe to wake again in 30 miin or an hour). should i cut out the patting and maybe just stand next to the bed and shush instead?

Offline teezee

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2006, 15:14:35 pm »
you could try it or try patting less each time - not til lo is totally sleeping...
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005