Author Topic: Becoming habitual?  (Read 3088 times)

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Becoming habitual?
« on: April 27, 2006, 19:02:09 pm »
Hia ll!
Ds was waking up A LOT and at very random time but last 2 nights 2 of the wakings have been at the same time each night...do u think there is a pattern emerging? How long to wait before attempting W2S?
Am sooo desperate to eliminate just a few of these wakings but having no luck as such!

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Becoming habitual?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 03:30:24 am »
could you post lo's routine pls.?!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 13:04:39 pm »
Hiya!
Routine is this more or less:
Wake anywhere b/ween 6 and 7
Feed 1 hr later
Sleep from around 9.30-10 for 1.5 hrs (when I can extend naps!)
Feed 11ish
Sleep around 2ish (try to aim for 2 hrs but this usually doesnt happen)
Feed 3ish
Bath 7 then Bottle and bed
DF at 10pm

Sorry this is so vague but we have lots fo probs getting DS to eat so rest (A and S) depends on feeds!
But basically eats 5 to 6 meals a day (as eats very little!) and bath time always 7!

Offline teezee

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 13:46:00 pm »
have you tried feeding him when he firsts wakes in the am. that way it will stretch out the time between the next feeding a bit and maybe he will be hungrier to take more?! at that age my lo sometimes went 5+ hrs without eating and ate better b/c of it.

have you started solids yet? if yes, could too much solids be interfering with the bm/formula intake? until a year bm/formula should be the main source of nutrition and the solids should just 'compliment' it.

if the wakings are consistantly at the same time every night you could try wake to sleep - if they are not then it may create more problems...tracy does suggest that the df be dropped approx at 7 months..the is an approximation and maybe your lo is ready to drop it now? as about that time it starts causing more wakings than keeping them away...might be worth a try??!

now are you feeding in the night at all? if so, could this be interfering with the daytime intake?
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 13:50:08 pm »
Hiya! I offer DS a bottle when he wakes up but he usually doesnt take 1, we have to do a df as he eats very little but will eat when asleep so we HAVE to do it to get enough oz in him!
Started solids today! Only baby rice at lunch so dont think its interfering!
No wakings random im afraid raahhh
He feeds once at night

may try to drop this for 1 night but cant really do more than 1 night as risk him getting  dehydrated again (was in hospital once!)

Offline teezee

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 14:01:34 pm »
have you given your lo some water to keep hydrated? i started my lo on sippy's and straws when she was about 5 months and she loved(s) it to this day! maybe giving him a little bit of water before say nap times wouldn't hurt?!

in case you haven't seen this link before i am posting it...i started my lo on night weaning at 6 months and went very slowly and it worked very nicely! you may want to do that with the df as if he is not getting it than he may take more during the day...does lo have any health issues ie reflux??

Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 14:01:55 pm »
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 14:04:26 pm »
Yes he had all sorts of issues in his 6 mo of life poor little mite..reflux since formula introduced at 4 mo!
He loves water! Has just leanrt how to use the non drip cups which is good but only takes a few sips (hence sippy cup?!?!)
Thanx for the link will check it out

Offline teezee

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 14:06:49 pm »
sorry to hear about the reflux and i am pretty sure that is the eating problem as he was older when it happened and probably doesn't have a good association with eating kwim?..poor guy - my lo was diagnosed with reflux when she was a couple of months old so really hasn't affected her that way.  would maybe a different formula be better for lo..i am sure you have tried that but just a suggestion..
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 14:11:52 pm »
Thank u! Yes hes on pre digested formula, has been on omeprazol for 1.5 mo and only made reflux slightly better! Spent the first month after bf (had to stop due to 5 bouts of mas) Very upset as hated seeing DS like this..hating food! I posted not too long ago abotu poss bottle phobia as am sure DS has it! Much happier these days..nothing has really improved, feeding, sleeping etc but have decide to realx and be happier for DS sake...porr little thing used to get VERY stressed with him!

Offline teezee

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 14:35:43 pm »
have you tried after a feeding giving lo formula in the sippy or with a straw? maybe you would be able to get that much more in him??
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 07:33:42 am »
Hi teezee! I think I will take ur advice and cut out nightitme feed as I have just been looking at LO's log and (after a hard time trying to get him to take his bottle this morning) I realized that the first bottle in the morning is always a difficult one to give...He takes very little if anything...maybe not hungry? He's better at other times..altho not great!

Will let u know how I get on!
 :) :)

Offline teezee

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 04:42:23 am »
how are things doing?? any better?
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 07:03:17 am »
Nope! booo
infact worse not better, thomas refused to eat during the day but will eat at night sleepy! tried to cut out feed last night and he woke up displaying what seemed like hunger cues (its been so long I hardly remember what hunger cry is like) took a few sips and that was it!!! This is why i was hesitant to cut out night feeds! Im not so worried about the dehydrationas he will drink water and I have some sachets to give him if he gets dehydrated again.

nights...no idea! 2 nights ago he only woke once at 3 then the last 2 nights a woke a zillion times !have looked at my log and cannot really work out y we had the 'good night' All I do at these wakibngs is give him his paci, dont think he really  needs it but its just easier this way (bare in mind i havent slept in 2 months!)

He obviously is able to self soothe as he has done this for am nap and the times he hsa slept better?

SORRY LOST ON THIS ONE!

Offline teezee

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 15:12:10 pm »
do you think that the wakings are reflux related? what meds is lo on?
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005