Author Topic: Transition to 4EASY  (Read 1144 times)

Offline melbrad

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 27, 2006, 01:13:15 am »
I've tried to slowly advance my dd to a 4EASY as described in Tracy's book.  She did well on days 4-7, but sh'e having a hard time w days 8-11.  It is hard to keep her activity time longer in the am.  What if I can't get 1 1/2 hrs in for a nap, even with PU/PD.  Is it bad to let her wake and keep her at a low activity until the next feed.  Many Thanks! ;)

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Transition to 4EASY
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 01:16:08 am »
There is nothing wrong with having more A time before the next E.  Many babies do not sleep up until the feed time.  But, I do have a question.  For how long does she nap?  You do not have to keep her awake for the full two hours as suggested in that guideline.  You should put her to bed as soon as she seems tired.  Her naps may be getting shorter if she is overtired.  How old is she?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline melbrad

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 13:08:04 pm »
She is 15 weeks.  Yesterday she ate every 3.5 hrs.  However she woke up every 2 and half hrs last night and after 4 she was waking up every hr.  I'm very frustrated! :-[

Offline melbrad

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 13:16:59 pm »
I'm pretty good at getting her down for naps which can last from an hr to an hr and a half.  What I still have problems knowing is if she is still tired when she wakes from a nap.  She rarely wakes up not crying.  Any suggestions?

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Transition to 4EASY
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 01:08:07 am »
Can you post your current routine, including how long the naps last?  If she's not getting enough day sleep you might consider putting her to bed a bit earlier, 30mins - 1 hr earlier might help.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007