Author Topic: My 3mos hates the bath. Any ideas?  (Read 3743 times)

Offline tiki_mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: My 3mos hates the bath. Any ideas?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 20:28:41 pm »
i would highly recommend a Tummy Tub...http://www.tummytub.co.uk/.....you sometimes find that babies feel too vulnerable when they are laid out on their backs in a regular tub so this is small but deep and they sit in it with the water covering them up to their shoulders! my dd loves hers!   ;D

Offline kyliemom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 16:13:21 pm »
Your message really hit home with me.  When i had my dd i was all excited to have bathtime and take her to the swimming pool as soon as possible.  She hated her baths from the beginning.  We tried in the sink and she screamed...we tried in the small tub and she screamed.  I then began to hate bathtime and only bathed her once a week for the first 6 weeks.  I was determined for her to like her baths and make the bath part of her nighttime routine.  I took her in the bath with me a couple of times...holding her really close and the only time she screamed was when i took her out.  I then bought a heater (best purchase) and made the bathroom really warm.  She now likes her bath. I bath her in the kiddie tub put inside our tub, hold her really close, and have the room really warm.  I would suggest trying to heat the room.  This really worked for us.  Goodluck.  I do believe hating baths will become a thing of the past.

Offline *Nicola*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 429
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 13:36:44 pm »
Ciara used to scream blue murder in the bath when she was first born.  I used to cry it was so bad  :'(

We got a big sponge designed specifically to lay her on.  It has a cut out bit for her to fit into if that makes sense?!  As soon as we used that she was fine - not a whimper.  As it lays flat, but is slightly elevated at head level, she was able to feel secure AND be warm under the water.

We got ours from Tesco, and I think toysrus sell them too.
Mummy to 2 beautiful kiddies. 

A baby is born from the dreams of your heart, and becomes the love of your life.

Offline taylorbean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 29
  • Summer Lovin'
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 16:18:19 pm »
I agree with pp, try bathing with you lo. Taylor really started to enjoy bathing when I started taking evening baths with her, it gave me a chance to teach her how to play with her bath toys and she found the skin-to-skin contact very soothing.

[Julie & Taylor (09/14/2005)

Offline Lola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 15:03:13 pm »
I bathed with my babe until she was six months old! Its so lovely that way. I even nursed her in there a few times. She obviously loves bath time now. I have never had really tepid water for her. I have it a bit warmer but not too hot, kwim? :)
Baths and babies are a lovely combination...  ;D
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80