Author Topic: How to go from bottle then bed to bottle then play then bed?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline ainsleysmomma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to go from bottle then bed to bottle then play then bed?
« on: April 28, 2006, 16:41:43 pm »
I have been feeding my baby a bottle before trying to put her to sleep becasue that is the only way I have found her to go to sleep.  I have heard that is not good and you should put them in the crib after activity when they start getting sleepy.  How to you switch this??  My lo gets really sleepy at the end of a bottle and that is how I started putting her down after a bottle.  She has to sit up for 1 hour after eating so she sleeps in a chair in the play pin.

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: How to go from bottle then bed to bottle then play then bed?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 17:10:08 pm »
Hi

Have you been feeding to sleep for every nap and bedtime?
Have you started EASY?

The reason we say to give bottle, activity then sleep is so there is no sleep association formed, in this case your LO needs feed before she will sleep and this is the way she understands going to sleep.  Saying that you can do ESA, only if you wake her before placing her in the cot, so she needs to get herself to sleep independently.

It may be worthwhile for you to start giving her an 'A' time after the bottle and this will mean waking her or if she hasn't fallen asleep then keeping her awake until her next nap is due. 

Sorry, I am rambling a bit here....

Can you please post your routine, so I can help you further?

She has to sit up for 1 hour after eating so she sleeps in a chair in the play pin.

Why does she have to do this ?

You may also find this link useful: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=59156.new;topicseen#new  to explain EASY more.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 17:11:47 pm by Calums_Mum »
Lauren x

Offline ainsleysmomma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: How to go from bottle then bed to bottle then play then bed?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 17:46:22 pm »
I have been jsut recently (last week or so) trying to get her on a schedule:

8-9am will wake up and eat 6 oz. bottle
then plays (till 3 hours after first feeding started)
11-12pm will eat a 6 oz. bottle
sleep till 3pm or 4 pm
3-4pm will eat 6oz. bottle
then plays (till 3 hours after last feeding)
6-7pm will eat 6 oz. bottle
then plays for about 1-1.5 hours
trying to bring back to breast (hopefully BF more when my milk gets back up) from abuot 8-9pm
9pm bath and 6 oz. bottle
9:30pm bedtime

THe past few nights (except last night) she would get up at 7-8am and follow this schedule till about the 3-4:00 mark then it would get all off track until her bath time and she would have a bottle and go to sleep and sleep all night.  THat is GREAT for her to sleep all nigth and that is why I have just kept her feeding then sleeping rigth after.  I have kept reading though that you should do it the other way (eat play sleep).  WHat will exactly happen if she eats then sleeps?  I am a really new mom and I am learing a lot of stuff!!

I have not read the book ya'll keep talking about though.  Where can you get it and about how much does it cost?  I want her to be independent (some day), but will she really always have to have something to drink in order to go to sleep if I keep feeding her this way?