Author Topic: How much (amt) solid does your lo take?  (Read 884 times)

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: April 28, 2006, 18:17:04 pm »
My lo is 10months old...how much milk does he actually need in a day???  He is currently only getting EBM and will take anywhere from 20-25oz in a day. 
I was also wondering if any of you could post how much (in amounts) your lo's take.  I have checked all forums and even EASY and no one really posts how much quantity wise their babes take.  I just want to know if his solids are too much b/c I want him still to have breastmilk.

6 am wake bottle EBM 6-7oz
7-730 solids (6 tbsp cereal and 4 tbsp fruit)--cereal has 3oz EBM added
9-915 nap 1-1.5hrs
11-1130 lunch (4tbsp veg, 3tbsp cereal, 2tbsp meat, 3 tbsp fruit)--cereal has 2oz EBM added
100 -130 bottle EBM 4oz
145-200 nap 1-1.5hrs
330-4 bottle EBM  (now 1 oz if i'm lucky)
430 supper (4 tbsp veg,  2tbsp meat, 3 tbsp fruit)
700-715 bottle (4 oz at most)

Please help!!

Sabine

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: How much (amt) solid does your lo take?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 18:26:59 pm »
i would be interested in seeing some replies too..currently dd is eating solids amts:

am - 7tbspns cereal with water
     - 1 jar of fruit (4.5 oz)
     -sometimes toast or eggs or other finger foods depending on what i am eating ;)

afternoon - 1 jar of meat puree with vegs mixed (4.5 oz)
              - let's say anywhere from 2-4 oz fruit (jar)
               -finger food...usually whatever i am eating again :) and/or a little cut up fruit

pm - 1 jar of veg (4.5 oz)
     2-4 oz of fruit
      -finger food - again whatever we are eating..usually veg's and  alittle meat also

as far as bm - i am not sure how much she is taking..still on 4 feedings a day but am dropping back to three the last few days as she hasn't been taking much at the middle two. it worked well yesterday as she ate like a champ before bed - even topped her off with 3 oz extra ebm!! hth! have you offered your lo more solids? i think my dd takes more, but she really is a piggy and loved food!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 18:57:46 pm »
i dropped to 3 feeds and i think he is getting too much b/c his 1pm bottle is only 4oz.
does it look like he is getting too much to eat??

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 00:27:33 am »
Hi Girls,

This what my DD is having she is just under 9months old:

Breakfast: 5-6tbls cereal with 1tbls fruit mixed with 2-3oz milk and 2oz milk in a cup
1hr later formula 6ozs in a cup
Sleep 1.5-2hrs
Lunch: 2tbls yoghurt and half a sandwich and 2oz milk in a cup
1-1.5hrs later 5ozs formula in a cup
Sleep 1-1.5hrs
Dinner: What ever we are having around 6-7tbls includes at least 2vege,meat and pasta/rice and 2oz milk in a cup and 2tbls of jelly or custard.
45mins later formula 6ozs in a cup
Bed for the night
Total milk/formula is about 26ozs a day.

At around 10months it is common for milk whether it be formula or breast to decrease,to drop bottle/bf's and solids to increase as it is slowly becoming the most important part of thier diet.
I think both of your eating plans sound great and the amounts you are offering sounds good.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline GabrielleD

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 11:11:49 am »
I am so glad I saw this post; I've been wondering about the same thing. One thing I discovered after reading the above posts is that DS is currently eating more formula than your LOs and less solids. He is currently avereging about 24 ounces of formula and the following solids:

7:30  Bottle (6 oz)
8:30  4 oz of fruit
11:30 Bottle (6 oz)
12:20 3oz of meat/veg and 2oz of yogurt
3:30  Bottle (6 oz)
6:30 4 Tbsp. cereal (mixed with about 1 1/2 oz formula) and 3 oz veg
7:30 Bottle (6 oz)

He is a big kid (at 9 months he is 23 lbs and is in the 85% for his height) - he's been described by the pediatrician as "robust". I worry that he is getting too many calories from his formula and not enough from solids. I guess I don't know what has more calories - formula or solids? Also, should I increase his solids and cut down on his formula? (I worry about overfeeding him since both DH and I are overweight). Thanks for your help.

Offline ks6

• Showing Appreciation 57
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 16:19:41 pm »
Gabrielle--ds eats about like yours, but is breastfed.  When he takes a bottle though, he is happy with 6 oz.  I also add table food whenever possible.  He was eating more solids 6 weeks ago, so maybe he just likes his milk.

Offline GabrielleD

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 20:42:11 pm »
Thanks Kim! It's good to know that someone else's LO eats the same way. I guess I'll just continue to take my cues from him. At this point, as far as I can see, the only feeding where he might eat more is in the morning. Maybe I'll try to give him a little more at that time. Thanks for your help.