Author Topic: 7.5 month old - should she been on finger food yet  (Read 940 times)

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
7.5 month old - should she been on finger food yet
« on: April 28, 2006, 19:14:15 pm »
 ??? My LO has been on solids since she was 4 months old and eats a varied diet. We have just started introducing meats, which she seems to be taking to. She has gagged and vomited several times when she has taken/eaten food like bread and since then i have become paranoid about what she has and the size of it.

has anyone else been through this and how have you overcome it
Amelie Grace's mum

Offline courtneyandmiles

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Re: 7.5 month old - should she been on finger food yet
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 19:27:49 pm »
I think Tracy has good ideas for finger foods in SOLVES ALL YOUR PROBS.  Another good resource (and my bible) is SUPER BABY FOOD.  The author is so specific that she says to make fruit chunks less slippery by coating them in ground oats!  Cheerios (not honey) are ok, as is melba toast (bread is try and big chunks come off too easily).  If she's gagging, it's not a good finger food for her.  SUPER BABY FOOD recommends strips of soft, cooked fruits/veggies/tofu.  My Dd is 7.5 mos., too.  I gave her small peach bits, but she couldn't get them to her mouth.  Melba toast worked.  Finger foods need to be smaller than Baby's windpipe, non-slippery, and cooked.

How's Baby liking meat?  I haven't given mine any yet.  Does it make them feel more full?

-court