Author Topic: 7 Month Old Bobs Head During Tummy Time  (Read 6194 times)

Offline Sadiebird

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: April 30, 2006, 15:05:04 pm »
My 7 month old has recently started bobbing his head up and down while on his tummy.  Does anyone else's lo's do this?  Anybody know what it means or what he's trying to do?
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 7 Month Old Bobs Head During Tummy Time
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 00:44:47 am »
Hi!
I kind of remember my daughter doing this while on her tummy.  I think he's just learning what his neck muscles can do and trying them out.  If it's something that concerns you, definitely mention it to your doctor, but it just sounds like your son learning more about what he can do with his body.

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 02:06:46 am »
My DH the amateur herpetologist says maybe he's trying to establish dominance over all the other babies....  ::) (Some male lizards do that, bob their heads at other males. LOL)

Seriously, I agree, it sounds like he's getting to know his body. He might also be experimenting with his vision. Is he looking at anything when he does this, even the floor? Might be practicing focusing his eyes. If he's not up on his hands and knees when he does it but just on his tummy, he might be too close to the floor to focus properly - just a thought,

Offline maggieruth

• Showing Appreciation 251
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 13:29:43 pm »
i think sometimes that babies spend so much time learning to keep their heads still so that they can learn to look at something properly that they can become pretty fascinated by their developing powers of observation and what happens when their head moves!!!  probably just a developmental thing!