Author Topic: OVER SLEPT WHAT DO I DO FOR THE REST OF THE DAY  (Read 1125 times)

Offline UK MUM IN USA

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
OVER SLEPT WHAT DO I DO FOR THE REST OF THE DAY
« on: May 01, 2006, 19:31:59 pm »
Hi not sure where this question should be asked but will ask it here- apologies if its the wrong place.

I have been doing EASY for the past 2-3 wks with my 9 wk old dd. Her wake time is usually 7am and we are doing the 3 hour routine. She is going to bed at 7-7.30pm waking at 3am and then again  anywhere from 5-6am - she is fed both times. Never really quite sure what i should do after this 2nd feed as she is due another feed at 7am. Have tried letting her go with out this 2nd feed but she just cries and is hungry. When she does get back to bed there is only sometimes 20-30mins before the next feed is due at 7am. What do i do???

ALso this morning she went back to bed at 6.15am- i forgot to set the alarm and woke at 8am, i had to wake her up as well. Should i have just left her to sleep or woken her. I fed her again at 8am, but am now unsure of what schedule i sholuld be following. Do i put us back on the original 3hour EASY(feeding 7,10,1,4,7) which would have meant today a feed at 8am and then 10am or start a 3 hour EASY from the time she woke to day.

Not sure if any of this makes sense.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Kate

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: OVER SLEPT WHAT DO I DO FOR THE REST OF THE DAY
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 21:31:51 pm »
On occasions like that, you would just do the 3 hrly routine based on the wake time.  As for the 5-6 am feed, have you tried offering a shorter feed (if bf) or less oz (if bottlefed)?  Just something to hold her over then finish the feed at the normal wake time.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline UK MUM IN USA

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 23:06:24 pm »
Heather

Thanks for the reply. I've done just what you have said today and started our 3hr EASY from her wake time. Its been hard work as i'd got the timing down to an art on the 7am wake up- so have been looking at my chart all day lol.

The idea about a shorter feed sounds like it might work. She is BF and is a fast eater usually done in 10 mins so i can try and cut that down. Sometimes during the night she falls back to sleep during a feed - and i put her back down asleep a bit like a DF - is this ok to do this???

Thanks again - this site is a life saver!!!

Kate

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 00:05:47 am »
Kate-you definitely want her to sleep through or fall back to asleep quickly for any night feeds.  You do not have any sort of interaction that would resemble "play" time during the night.  Keep the lights dim or off if you can manage, and little talking and/ or eye contact.  I realize this sounds harsh, and I don't mean for it to, but a lo can come to expect "playtime" during the night if anything resembles it.  Just something to keep in mind.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007