Author Topic: Buggy buddies  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Lara's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
« on: May 01, 2006, 22:30:00 pm »
hey there all.... just wondering to all u British ladies out there if any of u have tried the buggy buddies book collection... i want to order them on line but haven;t seen them to know if they are any good or not... for those of u who don't know them, they are small board or cloth books with straps that u can take with u either dangling from the stroller or put with in a crib... they look real good on line...

any clues

thanx

love
Shahira
Mum to Lara, Born 13/10/05
Spirited Textbook Libran

Offline maggieruth

• Showing Appreciation 251
Re: Buggy buddies
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 13:23:38 pm »
i dont know if my ds had a "buggy buddy" proper but i did find a cloth book that attached on to his buggy that he looked at from time to time.  it had a horse with some yarn for a mane, a wooly sheep, a curly tailed pig etc.... he also liked looking at people passing by and just general stuff so really it earned its keep mostly when we stopped moving!
i try to swap round his toys to keep him interested (even if that means just moving things from buggy to car seat!!!)

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 04:49:20 am »
over the years i have had several buggy buddy travel board books (none of the cloth ones). they have all been cute books that were well loved by the girls.the only downfall has been that over time they have been chewed on during teething sessions (or general baby reasons for chewing..) or had drinks spilled and the liquids do basically destroy them over time as the paper get ruined or the binding breaks and pages break off.

they are quite affordable here though so i did not look at them as part of our book collection, but rather as a baby/toddler toy that woudl eventually go.  actually my almost 3 yo is currently using the plastic attachment part (it is easy to take off the book BTW) as a "fishing rod" as she acts out an episode of Dora so i guess it is still being used  ;)

if you can get the cloth ones and they are machine or sponge cleanable then i woudl definitely opt for those knowing they woudl last longer.
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Fife_Mum

• Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:21:13 am »
The cloth ones last longer but the cardboard ones have gone down better with Fraser - the ones we have had all have 'touch-and-feel' type surfaces in them. The cloth one we have is called 'Silly Seas' (Fish eats peas, penguin on skis etc.) and Fraser was reading it to Arwen today  :) I don't know if they are official buggy buddies though. We have never used them in a crib, they just hang off the stroller straps. Most of the wear on mine is probably from chewing but they are also left hanging out of the rain cover occassionally (oops).

Vicky - Proud Mum to:
Fraser 29/03/2004,
Arwen 24/09/2005,
Sophie 20/11/2007

Offline Lara's Mum

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 13:59:07 pm »
thank-u all for ur replies,

"Vicky": the "silly sea" book is one of the ones i wanted to buy, there's also another similiar one called "busy bugs". does fraser like the silly sea... they don't say anything about the contents on line... and i don't want to order them and then find out they're not worth it...

love
Shahira
Mum to Lara, Born 13/10/05
Spirited Textbook Libran