Author Topic: Not sure where to begine..  (Read 970 times)

Offline twinssupermom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 02, 2006, 14:31:04 pm »
I'm new to the board and I would like some advice on a few issues.  I have 6 mo old boy/girl twins.  My daughter has been sleeping thru the night since she was 3.5 mos old.  My son was waking for one bottle a night anywhere between 11 and 1 am.  For the past 3 weeks he has not stayed asleep when he is put down btwn 5:30 and 6 and has been waking every 2-3 hours. 

In addition, he refuses to fall asleep in my arms or just in his crib.  Keep in mind that he shares the room with his sister so I have not attempted to leave him in there to cry it out a bit and didn't think I would have to since we got to 5.5 mos without it.  Anyway, he only falls asleep in his bouncer chair and is asleep within mins of being in it.  My husband and I have ended up making a bed for him in our room so once he falls asleep in the rocker he is transferred to an area that feels very much like his crib.

This has been their schedule, which I would also like to get some help on.  They're also still transitioning to solids.

1.  Wake btwn 5 and 6 - change
2.  Start feeding btwn 6 and 6:15.  My daughter hasn't done too well on solids so she just gets formula.  My son gets 3-4 oz of formula along with cereal and applesauce
3.  Because he has had such a poor night of sleep he is taking a 'nap' between 7 and 7:30.  Again in his rocker and he sleeps for about an hour.  My daughter falls asleep closer to 8:30/9 for about an hour
4.  10 am - bottle
5.  11 am - playtime
6.  11:30 - 1 - walk/nap
7.  1 pm - lunch.  Again, my daughter just gets a bottle and my son is getting a vegetable (yellow/orange) along with 6 oz
8.  2-3 pm - they usually take a nap during this time
9.  3-4:30 - playtime
10. 4:30 - 5 baths
11. 5:30 - 6 go to sleep

Again, my son used to sleep until at least 11 - no longer!  They're both teething but I'm not sure if this is contributing to this erratic sleep pattern or if there is something else I can do.

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Not sure where to begine..
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 18:31:28 pm »
bump!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157