Author Topic: I can't take this anymore!!  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« on: May 02, 2006, 20:27:40 pm »
Hi,

My 14 mo dd has always been challenging when it comes to sleep, but lately it has been awful. I know part of it is separation anxiety, and I think part teething, but for the last few days she screams/cries unrelentingly when I try to put her down for a nap. She does not want to sleep in her bed - she just wants to be with me on my lap. I tried staying in the room with her laying down on the floor next to her crib, but all she does is stand up and scream and cry and throws her stuffed animals (including her lovey) out of the crib at me. I throw them back in and don't say anything, but she goes on and on doing the same thing. So next, I tried the walk in/walk out, each time putting her animals back in the crib and not saying anything. She just would not give up. So I finally gave up and decided to take a break. I brought her downstairs to give her some water (which she wouldn't accept) and we sat in the easychair for a few minutes. She quickly started to fall asleep on my lap, so I took her upstairs and put her in her crib. She cried at first and then quickly went to sleep. I can't take battling it out like this every day - it's driving me crazy!  :'(

Does anyone have any other ideas on what I could do? She is now down to one nap, and definitely still needs it. Today she finally went down at 2:55pm. We usually try to shoot for somewhere between 11:30am and 1pm to start the nap, depending on how tired she seems.

By the way, her nighttime sleep has been bad too the last couple nights (was awake from about 4am to 6am this morning on and off last night, and woke several times the night before crying).

Help!!!

Thanks...
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)