Author Topic: this is getting old  (Read 1103 times)

Gigismom

this is getting old
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:51:50 am »
so it's 1:45 am and dh is driving gianna around in the car in the hopes she will finally go back to sleep cause she's been up since 11:30 or so. 

i have always had the best sleeper....sleeping through the night at 3.5 months, VERY rarely making a peep til morning.  but within the last couple of months, she has been awake more times during the night than i can even remember.  we usually do pu/pd (well, a variation of it anyway) for a good 1.5-2 hours and if she isn't asleep by then or showing any signs that she will be sleeping soon, dh drives her around til she falls asleep.  sometimes when she is awake she is just crying the whole time...other times she is smiling, laughing, asking for books or the doggie...

what is going on?  her teeth are all through.  she has no fever.  she recently switched to one nap a day.  i did this in part because i thought maybe the night wakings were due to too much day sleep.  the first few days were pretty hellish, but then she started doing really well, going to bed without crying and no night wakings.  but now here we are again...i'm on bw at an ungodly hour cause i can't sleep and dh is driving the car around in the middle of the night... :-\

sorry i feel like i am going to blow up this board with all my sleep related problems and topics i have posted lately....i usually just reply to posts, not start them! 

Offline SophieB

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 39
  • Melbourne, Australia
Re: this is getting old
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 12:46:50 pm »
Hey, I hear ya!

My LO is doing exactly the same thing at exactly the same age.  She actually IS cutting molars (which obviously has an impact) but often the waking doesn't seem pain related.

Sorry, no advice, but lots of sleep dust to you - and I hope someone else has some better ideas!   ::)
Eleanor - 13/12/04